Author Topic: Shrinebuilder anyone?  (Read 998 times)

Sir HC

Shrinebuilder anyone?
« on: November 13, 2009, 02:41:57 pm »
Anyone going to be there?  Should be loud.

azaghal1981

Re: Shrinebuilder anyone?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 02:58:32 pm »
I'd go if I had a ride. :(

Show's over at 12:30 and the last train leaves Baltimore at 12:40. Too close for comfort.

They played two sets in LA according to a review I read. First was the album in its entirety and the second was more of a free-form type thing.

احمد

Unsanity

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 07:32:48 pm »
I went. Great show. Very crowded, maybe more so than that Saint Vitus show a few weeks back. Earthride opened up and were...loud n' proud.
US Christmas (who are on Neurot Records) were next. If anyone saw that Velvet Lounge show by them a year ago this was a whole new band. They fired the keyboardist and replaced him with a second drummer and a violinist lol. That band barely fits onto any stage they play. Very heavy and hypnotic.

As for Shrinebuilder? Truly amazing. They have grooves that no band of this earth can best. All four members contribute vocals, my favorite being Al Cisneros of Sleep/Om who seems to entrance himself or something. Wino on guitar lead the attack. Dale Crover really brought the pain on those crash cymbals. They played all 5 songs clocking in at 55 minutes. No encores, no jams. The CDs were sent to the wrong venue so no one could get 'em and the T-shirts sold out in a hot second. Will they ever tour again? I feel this was a once-in-a-lifetime show. I hope I'm wrong.

Sir HC

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 12:30:57 pm »
Twas awesome even with the troubles (the mixing board crashed after soundcheck so all levels and settings were lost).  I had not heard the CD yet so came in knowing only Wino's work, and felt having a pummelling drummer and a bassist that filled the space right (not too muddy not too into the guitar space) and the second guitar worked great.  I hope they do more, it was what I like to hear (some drone, but with movement not just stasis).