Author Topic: my Nov. 14 radio show is online through Fri., Nov. 20  (Read 864 times)

Christine Moritz

my Nov. 14 radio show is online through Fri., Nov. 20
« on: November 19, 2009, 11:04:42 am »
To hear the Saturday, November 14 edition of my radio show, "Variety Is the Spice of Life" -- including excerpts of recordings of my DJ set #1 from the Federico Aubele show at the 9:30 Club, Oct. 24, 2009; my DJ set from Little Miss Whiskey's, Oct. 22, 2009; and my DJ set #1 from the Bajofondo show at the 9:30 Club, April 11, 2009  -- check out the link on my radio show archives page or the direct download link below.

The show will be hosted on the WMUC website until 11:59 p.m. U.S. ET Friday night, November 20.

"Variety Is the Spice of Life" radio show, Saturday, November 14, 2009
-- perma-link for the weekly archive for the fall 2009 semester:
http://wmucradio.com/stream_ripper/sat/Variety_Is_the_Spice_of_Life_1200_1500.mp3

NOTE: The November 14 show begins at the 21m26s mark on the MP3.

Artist - Song - Label

Takeo Yamashita - Lupin the 3rd (Readymade All That Jazz Remix by Yasuharu Konishi) - Readymade (Japan) / Nippon Columbia
[beginning of my DJ set #1 from the Federico Aubele show at the 9:30 Club, 10/24/09]
Sub Sub - Past - Robs Records (UK)
The Troublemakers - Get Misunderstood - PIAS (Belgium) / Guidance (U.S.)
Kinobe - Slip Into Something More Comfortable - Zomba UK
Embee - All the Things You Are - David vs. Goliath (Sweden)
Bossa Nostra feat. Bruna Loppez - Inverno (Cyphonia Bossa'n'Funk Mix) - Irma (Italy)
Waldeck - This Isn't Maybe - Dope Noir (Austria) / E-Magine (U.S.)
Block 16 - Slow Hot Wind - Nuphonic (UK)
TM Juke - Knee Deep (feat. Jim Oxborough and Alice Russell) - Tru Thoughts (UK)
[end of my of my DJ set #1 from the Federico Aubele show at the 9:30 Club, 10/24/09]
Koop - In a Heartbeat (feat. Terry Callier) - Jazzanova Compost Records [JCR] (Germany) / Quango (U.S.)
[beginning of excerpt from my DJ set at Little Miss Whiskey's, 10/22/09]
Freestylers - A Warning (Jay Rock Refix) - Freskanova (UK)
Elevator Suite - Soul Heaven - Bulletproofsonics (UK)
Hall and Oates - I Can't Go for That (Bent Remix) - Mint Source (UK)
Lemon Jelly - Pushy - XL (UK)
Brazilian Girls - Don't Stop (Brazilian Girls' Extended Mix) - Verve (U.S.)
Aromabar and Marschmellows - The Swinging Man - Infracom (Germany)
Robert Palmer - I Didn't Mean to Turn You On - Island (U.S.)
Dutch Rhythm Combo (feat. Joe Dukie) - Venom (Dr. Rubberfunk Club Remix) - Pulver (Germany)
Lee Van Cleef - Sam's a Girl's Name (Kings of the Wild Frontier Remix) - Dust2Dust (UK) 
Ben Wa - Tuvan Tube Top - Three Sixty (U.S.)
Maths - Crayon User - white label
[end of excerpt from DJ set from Little Miss Whiskey's] 
[beginning of excerpt from my DJ set #1 from the Bajofondo show at the 9:30 Club, April 11, 2009]
Aaron Jerome feat. Kathrin de Boer - Blow Your Own (Pt. 1) - BBE (UK)
Bent - K.I.S.S.E.S. - Sport (UK)
Delaney's Rhythm Section - Rebel - Rhythm 'n Business (UK)
The Herbaliser - Something Wicked (Bossa Version) - Ninja Tune (UK)

For the fall 2009 semester, the show airs live on WMUC on Saturdays from 12 noon to 3 p.m. U.S. ET.
- Direct link to WMUC's live broadcast (160 kbps - VBR): http://wmucradio.com/wmuc-high.m3u
- More info on tuning in live online: http://www.varietyisthespice.com/online.html

Christine Moritz
www.varietyisthespice.com