Author Topic: so what did we decide on the Futureheads?  (Read 5093 times)

ggw

Re: so what did we decide on the Futureheads?
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2005, 11:03:00 am »
I give the Futureheads show a solid B-

They struck me as a poor man's Franz Ferdinand.  Nice clean-cut UK boys who could have nice jobs as actuaries or solicitors.

They get an A for effort.  The banter got a little tiring, but it seemed genuine and they certainly got the crowd to respond.

The music was actually a bit more stale live than it was on the record.  Fun at times, repetitive at others.

Not sorry I went, but I wouldn't rush out to see them again.

slappy

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2005, 11:03:00 am »
Originally posted by Jaguär:

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Is Pitty Sing playing with the Futureheads in Baltimore?

I've never heard them, but supposedly they are the next Killers.
Yes, it's the very same bill.

I've been wanting to see Pitty Sing but didn't have any interest in the other bands. Can't say that I've heard much but kind of like what I have heard, even though I hate their name.

How were they (Pitty Sing), for those who saw them? [/b]
Pitty Sing sounded like a band waiting for John Hughes to make another movie so they can be on the soundtrack.

I knew nothing of High Speed Scene before the show and was really impressed. They had an early Spoon sound. Fun to watch too.

nayrasher

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2005, 11:27:00 am »
What?  Anyone who thinks the Futureheads are the next Killers needs to adjust their ears.  Huh?  The Killers have a singer and a drummer...then some guy that plays a guitar once and awhileand maybe another guy.  I can't remember.  They really have 1.5 musicians in the band.  Plus, the goddamn lead singer doesn't even dance.  If you don't play an instrument (except pressing the keyboard twice a show) dance you jerk.  The Killers will put out one decent album (already done) and then fade away.

The Futureheads have three dudes that play guitars and sing.  They also have a decent drummer.  They are in a completely different category than the Killers.  They are actually musicians.  Please.  Stop listening to what other fools tell you and listen to your own music and make your own interpretations.

ledererk

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2005, 11:36:00 am »
I thought the Futureheads were good, they played some new stuff, which was nice, but I found the whole light-show aspect pretty distracting.  Maybe it was because I had the flu and the bright lights shining in my eyes only made me feel worse.  But I couldn't help feeling nostalgic for the last time I saw them (also at 9:30), when they were just a good band, playing good music, without feeling like they had to throw in random cheesy lights and banners.  Maybe it was to impress their new young fan base.  I guess no show will be free of 12 year olds ever again until the O.C. goes off the air, alas.

The High Speed Scene sucked, hard.

ggw

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2005, 11:46:00 am »
Originally posted by nayr497:
  What?  Anyone who thinks the Futureheads are the next Killers needs to adjust their ears.  Huh?  The Killers have a singer and a drummer...then some guy that plays a guitar once and awhileand maybe another guy.  I can't remember.  They really have 1.5 musicians in the band.  Plus, the goddamn lead singer doesn't even dance.  If you don't play an instrument (except pressing the keyboard twice a show) dance you jerk.  The Killers will put out one decent album (already done) and then fade away.

The Futureheads have three dudes that play guitars and sing.  They also have a decent drummer.  They are in a completely different category than the Killers.  They are actually musicians.  Please.  Stop listening to what other fools tell you and listen to your own music and make your own interpretations.
It is Pitty Sing that is being compared to the Killers, as noted twice above and in the article in the middle of this thread.  Please adjust your eyes.