Author Topic: widespread scam  (Read 1667 times)

walkonby

widespread scam
« on: June 03, 2005, 06:30:00 pm »
not to bitch about the band, because i still love them and all, but listen to what they did.  either widespread panic or their web based ticket service, after it has sold out it's lot of tickets for the upcoming show at pier six pavilion in baltimore, decides to change the format from reserved seating to complete general admission.  i waited forever for that show to come up for sale, because i love pier six, and i got excellent seats, the best i've had in a long, long, time.  then they decide to just change it, without altering the price or even offering refunds.  all they could give was a "sorry for any inconvenience."  well, i consider that false advertising, and hopefully enough people who bought tickets with seats numbers will make big enough of a stink, to get them to do something. (and no stinky hippy jokes, please.)

sonickteam2

Re: widespread scam
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 06:47:00 pm »
pachouly

walkonby

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 06:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam4:
  pachouly
how did i know, that it would be you.   ;)

azaghal1981

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 09:30:00 pm »
Gen Adm at pier 6 sucks. Tons of douchebag kids pushing and shoving their way up to the front. At least thats how it was at moe. last summer. It's like they thought they were in a club or something.
احمد

lbcardoni

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 09:41:00 pm »
that is what the jack johnson show at merriweather is...all seats general admission.

azaghal1981

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 10:17:00 pm »
Ticketmaster has been dicking a lot of people over lately when it comes to baltimore shows. Something like 25 people never got the  tickets they bought online for the disco biscuits show at sonar last week because ticketmaster supposedly oversold the venue. They just called and notified them and refunded them their money. Does this happen often?
احمد

walkonby

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2005, 05:09:00 pm »
i go to a lot of "jam band" shows, and the general consensus in most people heads is that they don't care what is printed on their ticket, they are getting as close to the stage no matter what you or any security guys says.  that is the only thing i've hated about going to see widespread, or moe, or other similiar acts.  i guess venues are finally giving up, and making the shows general admission, in wake of festivals like bonnaroo and 10000 lakes.  i'm not even really pissed anymore.  i love pier six, and that moe, chris robinson, particle show was the best one they've had there in a long, long time.  oh well, i guess i'll go anyway and drink away the pain beforehand at the pier 5 hotel bar.   :D