Author Topic: Mission of Burma last night  (Read 2038 times)

andyrichter

Mission of Burma last night
« on: February 21, 2010, 11:54:35 am »
 :o  Damn.  They did it again.  My 2nd time seeing them so far and they put on another jaw dropping show.  New songs sounded great.  Old songs slayed.  The DC crowd was friskier than the last time I saw them which was nice to see.  I was hoping we could eek out a 3rd encore but no success.  And Office of Future Plans was great too.  No surprise with J Robbins on board. 

azaghal1981

Re: Mission of Burma last night
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 12:12:10 pm »
Echoing all the same sentiments. Fantastic show.
 I did miss my opportunity to hassle Bob Weston about having Shellac come back to DC, though. Oh well.
احمد

Unsanity

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 07:49:27 pm »
Yeah it was a great show. Nice crowd. Other than J. Robbins not singing into the mic for a few songs I thought Office of Future Plans was incredible. Can't wait for some studio stuff from them.

bearman🐻

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 08:30:47 pm »
I actually know Bob from when I lived in Chicago, so it was good to reconnect with him...Shellac will hopefully be back in autumn, Black Cat as usual. Great guy.

I agree, excellent show.

azaghal1981

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 08:42:18 pm »
Nice! Excellent news.

I actually know Bob from when I lived in Chicago, so it was good to reconnect with him...Shellac will hopefully be back in autumn, Black Cat as usual. Great guy.

I agree, excellent show.

One other noteworthy item:
"Black Cat, Black Cat!" guy is back and in full effect.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 10:27:05 pm »
Nice! Excellent news.

I agree, excellent show.

One other noteworthy item:
"Black Cat, Black Cat!" guy is back and in full effect.

Now THATS good news.. Saw no sign of him either this friday or the one before...

Driveway

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 12:31:35 pm »
Yes!  I heard he had a stroke a few years ago.  Glad to know he is doing okay!  (the doorman!)

James Ford

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 02:46:45 pm »
One time my girlfriend (later my wife) and I were cd shopping at Soundgarden in Baltimore, and this older guy who was shopping there struck up a conversation with my girlfriend. He said his name was Clint and his band Consonant was playing later that night. He didn't mention MOB, but I'm not sure it would have mattered.

Or the story goes something like that. I'm pretty old myself, and sometimes the alzheimers keeps me from getting the story right.

I'm not sure what they talked about, it could have been the quality of the broken social scene live show.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 06:07:22 pm »
LOVED the show and also Office of Future Plans were SOOO GOOD!!!
(_|_)

Sir HC

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 01:00:51 pm »
One time my girlfriend (later my wife) and I were cd shopping at Soundgarden in Baltimore, and this older guy who was shopping there struck up a conversation with my girlfriend. He said his name was Clint and his band Consonant was playing later that night. He didn't mention MOB, but I'm not sure it would have mattered.

Or the story goes something like that. I'm pretty old myself, and sometimes the alzheimers keeps me from getting the story right.

I'm not sure what they talked about, it could have been the quality of the broken social scene live show.

I was at that show.  Not up to MOB standards but a cool band.