Author Topic: A Place to Bury Strangers  (Read 1699 times)

Mr.Whippy

A Place to Bury Strangers
« on: April 02, 2010, 02:50:06 pm »
Did anyone but me see their opening set in Baltimore last night?

That was the most intense case I've seen in a long time of an opening act completely blowing away the main act, and The Big Pink was actually pretty decent.  APTBS is the real deal, though.  Those guys freakin rip live.

As much as I've hated Rams Head Live when it is sold out, it actually isn't bad when it is pretty empty.  Last night the attendance was so low that they even blocked off the balcony.

killsaly

Re: A Place to Bury Strangers
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 02:54:28 pm »
I really wanted to go.  Thursdays are the worst for me to try and go to a show.  I am also in the "hate Rams Head when it is full and dont mind it when its empty" camp.

And i was pretty sure APTBS were going to blow away BP. 

azaghal1981

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 02:59:21 pm »
I thought this was a strange setting for this show from the getgo.

Would have been perfect in a room like Floristree.
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 03:08:35 pm »
Or the Ottobar.  I thought maybe Big Pink had some hype going, since ive heard them on Sirius-XM a few times over the last month. 

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 03:14:56 pm »
Yes, Ottobar would have been about perfect.  I would guess there were 300-400 people there.  The main area in front of the stage got nicely filled in, but the rest of the main floor was pretty empty and the balcony was closed off.

Does anyone have any tips for parking at Rams Head without having to use one of those $10 garages.  I'll be going back there for Mastodon and Steve Earle in the next few months.  It just seems like all the parking anywhere in that remote vicinity is paid.

azaghal1981

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 03:40:45 pm »
Reminds me of when 150-200 people showed up to the APTBS 930 show.

Still scratching my head re:that one.
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 04:51:27 pm »
They seem to play almost anywhere in the area, at least the ones Ive noticed in the last few years.  Rock and Roll Hotel, 930 Club, Rams Head, Rufustival at Metro Gallery, and DC9...

As for parking, I would just do the 10 dollar garage.  That isnt that bad for a lot.