Author Topic: Beats By Dr Dre  (Read 5280 times)

Ardamus

• Ardamus
Re: Beats By Dr Dre
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 10:02:16 pm »
this is more so to tackle the who beatmaker/producer market. they're more than likely good quality but i would hold off on spending loot on those Dre headphones and find some other ones.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 11:07:02 pm »
just came back from seeing "book of eli"... denzel washington has been roaming an apocalyptic wasteland for 30 years.  his main concerns are protecting his book, finding water, and charging his battery that powers an ipod - which is listens to through a pair of Beat Tours.  so if the movie is to be believed, the Tours are durable.

(in case anyone cares, the movie gets a mild thumbs up... entertaining, better than daybreakers as far a apocalyptic sci-fi goes)
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2010, 10:19:35 pm »
etymotics are a solid choice. the ER4P is tops, but not sure it's worth the $70 mark-up over the HF5.  one of these two will probably be my next set. 

other models you might want to look in to:
Head-Direct RE0 (bass is not boomy, i.e. not emphasized, a drawback for some people)
Klipsch Image S4
Shure E4c
Sennheiser IE series (the IE6, IE7 or IE8 models)
Victor-JVC HP-FX500 (they look luxurious, pic, you'll appreciate the wood appointments.  the updated FX700 should be out in february, i just might hold out for these.  link to japanese website with pix & specs of both... in japanese.  click on the "style" link)

i got a pair of Klipsch Image S4 about a month ago.  decided to go with them since they were the cheapest on my short list at ~$85 and i was in a (relatively) economical mood at the time.  i'm very, very happy with them.  incredibly clear sound.  they're a little bass-heavy but that's fine with me: usually i have bass boost turned on, but for the most part i find it too much.  the S4's provide just the right low-end lift that i'm looking for.   recommended.
<sig>