Author Topic: Spectrum/Screen Vinyl Image/Kuschty Rye Ergot at Velvet Lounge tonight  (Read 2004 times)

snailhook

TONIGHT at thee Velvet Lounge: Spectrum (Sonic Boom of Spacemen 3 leading a full band, performing many classic Spacemen songs). I opened for Spectrum in Philly last year and can only say that I am once again stoked to be opening for them in DC. Kuschty Rye Ergot will be 2nd, performing in rare organ/synth duo format (don't worry, guitar and percussion will find their way in their somewhere!). Vacant Lots from Vermont and Screen Vinyl Image (DC's electro-shoegaze eardrum-destroyers) round out a solid bill of psychedelic exploration.

Thursday, May 13
Velvet Lounge
915 U St NW WDC
http://www.velvetloungedc.com
202-462-3213
$12, doors at 8:30pm, 18+

Spectrum (UK, ex-Spacemen 3!)
Screen Vinyl Image (DC)
Kuschty Rye Ergot (DC/Philly, mem. of Kohoutek)
The Vacant Lots (VT)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Don't forget these upcoming Clavius Productions events:

Sunday, May 23 @ Paper Sun (off Monroe St. between 11th and 13th St. NW): Simon Joyner (Jagjaguwar/Secretly Canadian), Brandon Butler, Pablonius Bill
$10, doors at 6pm, show starts PROMPTLY at 7pm (must be done by 10!), all ages, BYOB!

Thursday, June 3 @ Velvet Lounge: Members of Morphine and Jeremy Lyons (performing Morphine songs!), Milkmachine, John Bustine
$15, doors at 7pm, show starts PROMPTLY at 8pm, 18+

Saturday, June 5 @ Velvet Lounge: Peg Simone (Table of the Elements), Little Pink, Stela Schindler
$10, doors at 8:30pm, show at 9pm, 21+

Sunday, June 6 @ Velvet Lounge: Ol' Scratch, Elder (doom/sludge metal from Boston on Meteor City), Cough
$7, doors at 8:30pm, 21+

Thursday, July 15 @ Velvet Lounge: Kohoutek w/ George Kinney (of '60s Texas psych legends the Golden Dawn), D. Charles Speer (Three Lobed, ex-No Neck Blues Band)
$8, doors at 8:30pm, 18+

betao

my god I'd be there if I could. Sounds like a very fun night indeed.

killsaly

Do you have an idea about set times?

Vas Deferens

Spectrum at 1:30 am?  ;D
(_|_)

HoyaSaxa03

how dare you ask about set times at the velvet lounge, you must be some corporate slave who can't handle the rock and roll lifestyle
(o|o)

hutch

serious: spectrum what time? got pj earlier

killsaly

how dare you ask about set times at the velvet lounge, you must be some corporate slave who can't handle the rock and roll lifestyle
Nope, just trying to plan my whole evening tonight.  If certain bands play earlier than I am thinking they would, I would need to leave my job early.  Damn maybe I am a corporate slave.  At least they couldnt stop me from leaving early if i need to thanks. 

azaghal1981

Wish I could make it. Beat after the last two nights. I'm thinking I should've skipped that uneven PiL show and done tonight instead.
احمد

killsaly

After seeing PiL on Kimmel or one of those other shows, there was no way I was going to pay to see them. 

hutch

I heard PiL was pretty damn good but welcome any thoughts by those who were at show.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
thoughts on the PiL show over the in the "this week's rollcall" thread.
<sig>