Author Topic: Children  (Read 1279 times)

annlovesmj

Children
« on: June 22, 2010, 08:49:44 pm »
Hi I am new and have never been to the club before.  Well I really want to go to see the Who's Bad tribute bad and I have to children ages 3 and 6 and i see that its all ages  but I wanted to know how safe it would be to bring them here.  Thank u

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Children
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 10:06:12 pm »
I think they would be safe. You'd obviously have to keep an eye on them, in the same way you would do (hopefully) at a park or a shopping mall.

The question is, IMO, how *appropriate* a place it is for kids. They will inevitable become bored and will want to run around - the club might be packed, are you going to chase after them all night?  If you do, will you be able to enjoy the show?  How much will you annoy other patrons?  Unless you get a spot on the upstais rail, the kids won't be able to see the stage. But to get rail, you'll need to get there really early - thing you can keep them waiting in one spot for an hour before the show starts?  Again, they'll be bored and antsy. 

At a minimum, loud clubs aren't good for a child's delicate hearing. I hope you buy them those protective ear-cups that jackhammer and flight ground crews/bagage handlers wear. Please invest in protecting their ears.

Better yet: invest in a babysitter and leave the kids at home.
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 10:19:04 pm »
i'm thinking the club would not be the best place to see "Who's Bad" for small children, as sweetcell points out it's gonna be loud and they'll probably have difficulty seeing.  The club has hosted shows for children which I can only assume are presented at much lower volume levels. 
T.Rex

annlovesmj

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 11:35:23 pm »
Thank u guys so much, we will be getting a babysitter for our kids Saturday night.  Doesn't sound like it would be a good time for them.

Thanks again.

Ann

James Ford

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 07:14:35 am »
Exactly what Sweetcell said. Good work, Sweetcell.

As a dad of a three year old, I'll also add that the late hours of the show are a bad idea as well. Even though it's an early show, it probably won't end until at least 10pm. I know my kid starts melting down if she's not in bed by 8. I'd hate to see her at 10. Merriweather or someplace with a lawn that she could fall asleep on could work, but not a club. Get a babysitter. At $10/hour, probably won't cost you much more than the two extra tickets would.