Author Topic: Swell Season Kaput  (Read 1885 times)

wml7

MonkeyPants

Re: Swell Season Kaput
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 11:08:14 am »
Good riddance.  They totally creeped me out.  Mostly Glen, the R. Kelly of the folk-rock world, but still.  At least it sounds like Marketa can fill the need for more Girl-and-her-piano music now that Tori Amos is too crazy and/or self-absorbed to make anything decent.
PANTS

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 11:17:21 am »
Terrible band,

The Frames, too.
(_|_)

eltee

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 12:30:34 pm »
Well, I liked 'em. And wish I had gone to a few more of their shows, most recently the one at RHL but I couldn't afford it. I'm hoping the Frames' sound is how SS sounded when they played here. They sounded more like a band on this go around vice the duo tour they had after the movie, just Glen and Marketa.

wml7

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 01:19:10 pm »
I like them too.  Saw them only once a few years ago at the Vfest at pimlico, but they were good.  Cute couple.  I think they no longer are a couple though.  The Frames music and Swell Season is completely different from each other from what I heard  ;D

MonkeyPants

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 03:28:25 pm »
http://filtermagazine.com/index.php/news/entry/update_the_swell_season_are_not_breaking_up/

aw rats!  Should have known that Hansard wouldn't let the most successful thing he's ever done go away so easily. 
PANTS