Author Topic: Quietest show at the club  (Read 3918 times)

lily1

Re: Quietest show at the club
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2010, 07:42:26 am »
i can't remember the name of the artist, but we made signs that said something like "please respect the subtle and hushed nature of tonight's performance by not talking during the show."  there was no walk in music, as the crowd noise (or lack of it) was supposed to be part of the art.  i think there were also poems hanging from the rafters.  it was a very quiet night.

there are nights where we remind the staph to turn their radios down (or off) during the performance.

i was at that show...and i can't remember who it was either! swell season, the first time they were at the 930? this was a few years ago.

Christine Moritz

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 10:53:40 pm »
When I saw the thread title, I was thinking in terms of audience volume rather than performer volume.

I was really impressed at the recent Kings of Convenience show with how respectful the audience was.  It seemed that everyone was so wowed that they were just listening silently, rapt.

I've definitely been to some 9:30 shows with quiet music that were marred by too much audience yapping; Beth Orton comes to mind.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 12:07:49 pm »
Sigur Ros was extremely quiet that even talking during their show someone from downstairs at the club could have heard you.

I remember when My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult played with Hanzel und Gretyl and Ministry and their sound had to be easily 20dB lower than the other two bands on the bill.
3MTA3

Sir HC

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 02:01:14 pm »
Sigur Ros was extremely quiet that even talking during their show someone from downstairs at the club could have heard you.

I remember when My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult played with Hanzel und Gretyl and Ministry and their sound had to be easily 20dB lower than the other two bands on the bill.

But his in ears were probably louder than anything else in the world.

hutch

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 02:10:58 pm »
Ministry was one of the loudest shows I've seen at the 930..this would have been around 2000

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2010, 08:43:01 am »
Ministry was one of the loudest shows I've seen at the 930..this would have been around 2000

There's another thread for this direction, and yup Ministry was brought up a few times.  I think it was 2004 you might have been thinking of.
3MTA3