Author Topic: Fillmore Silver Spring --  (Read 9703 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Fillmore Silver Spring --
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 11:41:18 pm »
^I read that earlier today, too.
احمد

Mobius

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 06:30:38 am »
Does the $11 million include government kickbacks and campaign contributions?

Is there any example of a rock style music club revitalizing a drab suburb in the history of the United States of America??  I've never heard of it.  The comparison b/w South Street Philadelphia and Silver Spring is totally disingenuous (as was previously mentioned). . .its like throwing Quizno's into the Pat's vs Geno's debate.  But seriously, is there a financially viable rock style music club in any drab suburb of a mid-major US city with an established downtown that has not only succeeded itself but managed to transform the area as well?  Is there any basis to think that this Chain music venue will noticably effect the Chain restaurants in the area . . .more than say the Regal Cinemas already does?

blipvurt

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 01:52:21 pm »
"Security politely told me this was the worst neighborhood in Philly." - If you are familiar with Philly, that comment by the bouncers is a joke.

Did LiveNation change the TLA physically when they took over? I haven't been inside there in years, but it used to be one of my favorite spots for shows when I was growing up.

Seshat

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 01:41:48 am »
New Facebook page just set up for people concerned about the sketchy deal between Montgomery County and Live Nation:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/FillmoreGate/150800414944047?v=wall&ref=ts