Author Topic: Grinderman...!  (Read 2356 times)

Samantha

Grinderman...!
« on: September 29, 2010, 07:40:58 pm »
Hello!  Bet you thought I was dead.  (Just don't have a life anymore)

So yeah how about that Grinderman?  Saw the Nov 16th 9:30 club date in the email just now.  Anybody know how much tickets will be?  Ideas on if (when) it will sell out?

What does everyone think of the new album?  I have yet to get it.

Grinderman: discuss.  Hopefully there isn't another thread like this already.

And on another note, any idea how I can rustle up the price of a ticket...and a cd...dang I don't know how this is going to happen, but it must, surely, cannot miss this of course.  Anyone need a babysitter, perhaps?

StoneTheCrow

Re: Grinderman...!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 10:16:44 pm »
I have not heard either disc but I'm very interested in seeing them.

New disc is allegedly the better of the two?

RustyOrgan

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 10:33:07 pm »
Psyched to see that Grinderman is playing their first DC show.  Love the new album but I might be more into the first.  Show i think is $25?  I bought my ticket through the band presale.

azaghal1981

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 12:34:48 am »
OMG she's back!

Tickets have actually been on sale for a long time. If I knew you still gave a shit about us over here, I would've PM'd you the link. :)
احمد

K8teebug

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 07:48:49 am »
Very excited for this show.  Love the new album, love the cover of the new album, love Nick Cave.

James Ford

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 10:04:14 am »
Did I ever tell you guys about the time I saw Nick Cave at a book signing in London in the summer of '89?

I was walking down the street and saw a line going out the door of a bookstore. When I went to investigate, there was Mr. Cave, in pink polo shirt and black pants, signing books. I snapped his picture (still have it in photo album at home), but was too broke to buy a book. I later read the book, I think it was called "An Ass and an Angel", or something to that effect. Wasn't very good.

K8teebug

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 10:27:47 am »
Very cool.  I have heard his books are not the best.  Love his movie scores though.

The funniest story I've heard is my husband's from Lollapalooza wondering why there were a bunch of dudes dressed like creepy cowboys wandering around.  Turns out, they were Nick Cave fans.  He is still sorry he missed that set.

imbecile

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 12:09:41 pm »
Did the price go up when it was formally announced?  I could've sworn it was $25 when the link surfaced a while back.  It's very possible I imagined that though.

azaghal1981

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 12:13:00 pm »
No, it was always 30.
احمد

Samantha

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 09:08:59 am »
yeahhhh sorry I don't have internet connection and free time simultaneously very often.  obviously...oy

I see it is not sold out yet, good, good (no ideas on how long it will take?).  It's a good thing I didn't know about the presale cause with all kinds of stuff going on I'm not allowed to spend money like that buttttt I am working on saving my pennies, man, I will be there!  someone send me an alert if it sells out?

I heard the new album once-over but I think I like the old one better...have to give it more listens

yay Grinderman, yay