Author Topic: Blogs and Live Journals  (Read 783 times)

Bags

Blogs and Live Journals
« on: January 07, 2004, 01:57:00 pm »
Okay, this is a question for the board because the regulars are obviously a group with a lot to say, on just about anything.

I tend to email out articles, interesting facts, the occasional rant, about music to an email list I have of about a dozen friends who have the same interests musically.  It's a lot of the same stuff I might post here.  We almost always get a lively discussion going, with lots of "reply to all" emails flying back and forth.

Question is, might this 'discussion' group be better (or equally) served if I set up a blog or a live journal for us?  Does anyone here do that, and if so, do you have recommendations on the best hosts?  [I've had blogger.com and livejournal recommended.]

Don't know if anyone will have opinions, but thought I'd float it to see if there's untapped experience out here.

redsock

Re: Blogs and Live Journals
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 02:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bagster:
  Okay, this is a question for the board because the regulars are obviously a group with a lot to say, on just about anything.

I tend to email out articles, interesting facts, the occasional rant, about music to an email list I have of about a dozen friends who have the same interests musically.  It's a lot of the same stuff I might post here.  We almost always get a lively discussion going, with lots of "reply to all" emails flying back and forth.

Question is, might this 'discussion' group be better (or equally) served if I set up a blog or a live journal for us?  Does anyone here do that, and if so, do you have recommendations on the best hosts?  [I've had blogger.com and livejournal recommended.]

Don't know if anyone will have opinions, but thought I'd float it to see if there's untapped experience out here.
I smell a new Bigyawn column....sniff sniff...and it smells good.

Bags

Re: Blogs and Live Journals
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 04:09:00 pm »
hmmm, best blogs?