Author Topic: Halloween Hootenanny  (Read 1019 times)

set1914

Halloween Hootenanny
« on: October 18, 2010, 10:39:57 am »
Had a blast!! Alice and Rob were great as always. The Pint-size Brawlers were too much fun. At the end of Rob?s set the guys in white shirts came out and told him the show was over due to the curfew. Was that part of the show or was it real?

thatguy

• Global Moderator
Re: Halloween Hootenanny
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 10:47:13 am »
part of the show.  you might have noticed that the merriweather staff shirts look nothing like that.

set1914

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 12:48:19 pm »
That is what I thought, but was not 100% sure.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 07:27:24 am »
Kim and I drove up from Richmond for the show and we had a total blast.  We had front row of reserved, stage right.  Really enjoyed the Murderdolls (that's the one act we both really wanted to see), and Alice rocked it as usual.  Unfortunately we both got to hurting after Alice and we had to head back home.  I did pass along my ticket stubs to a deserving friend.  It was good talking to you Josh, as usual.  I do have to say kudos to the 930 staff working the pit.  There was some sort of minor scuffle during Alice's set.  The guys went in, got things under control, and did so in a manner that everyone involved simply chilled out and went back to enjoying the show.  Great job there of convincing people that the best t8ing to do is to be cool and enjoy the rest of the evening.  You guys really take seriously your jobs of trying to ensure that we all have a great time at shows.  A lot of venues could learn a great deal from you about how the job is done properly.  Believe me, people DO notice how you do your job and you do it well.
FUKIT