Author Topic: roll call - Underworld (Mon. 10/25)  (Read 1722 times)

Christine Moritz

roll call - Underworld (Mon. 10/25)
« on: October 25, 2010, 11:55:26 am »
I'll be DJing for the two hours between when doors open at 7 p.m. and when Underworld goes on at 9 p.m.

Who's going?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: roll call - Underworld (Mon. 10/25)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 11:59:01 am »
yup.

two nights in a row of EMD for you?  congrats!  you played some fun stuff last night, looking forward to more.
<sig>

Christine Moritz

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 12:25:43 pm »
Glad you liked what I played last night!  :)  (That reminds me, I need to post a setlist...)

Yep, two nights in a row for me.  When it rains, it pours!  See you tonight.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 01:24:41 pm »
Wish I could be there, but the cold I'm recovering from says otherwise  :'( 

T.Rex

betao

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 01:53:51 pm »
I'll be there! If you see a curly haired dude wearing jeans and a darker t-shirt who looks about 22, that is me (matt). say hello!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 04:20:41 pm »
that show was a barrel o' fun.  i preferred the last time I saw them (APW), but this was still an excellent performance.  karl hyde is such a great front-man.  and given the right beat, DC does in fact dance ;D

unfortunately the club didn't grant my request of creating as much space as possible by pushing the stage all the way back.  crowding wasn't horrible, but i wouldn't have minded a little more space to wobble to the beats.
<sig>

leafblower

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 08:34:55 am »
I thought the show was great, I had a blast. Wish they would have played "Pearl's Girl" but "Dirty Epic" was a complete (and welcomed) surprise.

Photos here:
http://kylegustafson.com/2010/10/underworld-930-club/

And in case you missed my interview with Karl, here it is:
http://dcist.com/2010/10/dcist_interview_karl_hyde_of_underw.php

Cheers!

blipvurt

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 11:15:26 am »
One of the best shows of 2010!

Find my review/gush and some great pics here:

http://www.welovedc.com/2010/10/27/we-love-music-underworld-930-club-102510/

betao

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 11:30:09 am »
here's my review from another forum. err keep in mind it was intended to be read by ppl seeing the show later this week

Words can not express how fucking good this show was. Easily better than the show I saw back in 2008 which had a setlist more to my liking.

The new material absolutely slays live - except for for Diamond Jigsaw. I could do without that one. But Film, Bird1, and Between Stars are right up there with the energy of classics like Moaner and Rez/Cowgirl. And the audience was perfect - everyone knew all the words and went crazy for ALL of the material, both new and old.

Karl was as energetic and lively as ever. I swear - his stage presence is a force of dark poetic nature to be reckoned with. At some points during the show he had me contemplating turning gay for him. His voice sounded perfect delivering his metaphoric lyrics, and don't even get me started on his dancing.

My only criticism was King of Snake. I'm not a big fan of its current rendition. I think they could alter it a bit because right now its a bit too repetitive. The E,E version of the track is great, but this one could be tweaked a bit imho. But it was still a fun track to hear live.

Dirty Epic, Moaner, and Nu Train all gave me chills. And the buildups of Rez/Cowgirl and Born Slippy, and especially the newer tracks, had the audience moving like mad.

The production was pretty cool. Not as cool as the balloons, but it was fun. Alot of fun images involved.