Author Topic: NYE with Gogol & T-funk  (Read 1842 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
NYE with Gogol & T-funk
« on: January 01, 2011, 05:50:25 pm »
i had an absolute blast last night.  trouble funk were great, took some of the crowd a little while to warm up to them but eventually had the whole place dancing and getting in to the call-n-responses.  GB did as GB does: turned the club into a polka mosh pit.  i definitely enjoyed this performance more than the last time i saw them.  i spent the main set on the rail upstairs but got in to the fray for the encore - good (and sweaty) times.

thanks to the best club in DC for kicking off the new year right.  the staph were awesome as always. 

(a 1 AM ben's half-smoke ain't a bad way to start the year, either ;D)
<sig>

madgypsy

Re: NYE with Gogol & T-funk
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 06:22:52 pm »
We wouldn't have turned down you bringing us half smokes...just sayin

azaghal1981

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 06:48:16 pm »
Yeah; fun time with Gogol as always. Well, what I caught of their set. Thought for sure Joe would win the raffle; ahh well. This year's little drawing speech was leagues better than last year's.

احمد

walkonby

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 06:50:31 pm »
i wonder what gogol's opinion of downloading is?

azaghal1981

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 06:55:52 pm »
Aww....I got my very own boardie conscience.
احمد

Sir HC

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 11:28:40 pm »
Missed NYE but was there for the NYEE show, and they were definitely not telephoning it in.  Though I have to say wine in the eyes does burn.  Only fell once in the pit, but c'est la vie.  Man Man and Tommy T both were great then.

Unsanity

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 03:30:52 am »
This was definitely a great way to spend NYE. Getting to see Trouble Funk twice at the club this year was great! I had been itching to see Gogol since about 2005, they were totally worth the wait! Thanks again 9:30!