Author Topic: DANZIG @ Filmore - TONIGHT!  (Read 3839 times)

RustyOrgan

DANZIG @ Filmore - TONIGHT!
« on: June 04, 2012, 08:56:31 am »
Anyone else going to this? Doesn't look like there's any opener..

bekessler

Re: DANZIG @ Filmore - TONIGHT!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 09:49:15 am »

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 09:59:42 am »
saw part of this show last year in Austin. The Danzig stuff are terrible for the most part live, I'd go if they're playing Samhain stuff (but they aren't)
(_|_)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 10:10:08 am »
A friend just offered me a ticket for free, so looks like i'm checking this out. 

K8teebug

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 12:47:07 pm »
I really want to go, but have no show buddy for tonight :(

chaz

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 02:40:06 pm »
Fillmore site says 8:00.  Can anyone shed some light on how the schedule runs there?

bekessler

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 05:11:56 pm »
According pre-recorded message when calling over there, Danzig on at 10:05.

chaz

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 05:29:07 pm »
According pre-recorded message when calling over there, Danzig on at 10:05.
cool.  Thanks a bunch.

chaz

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 10:51:52 am »
This show was pretty much what I expected in a lot of ways.  Except one - how completely awesome it was.

K8teebug

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 11:04:28 am »
So sad I missed it!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 11:16:58 am »
did he manage to stay on the stage this time?
<sig>

chaz

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 11:41:40 am »
He did..but it was touch and go for a minute there.  He made a huge fuss over the monitors (they admittedly were horrible, feeding back often and loudly)...went a pretty lengthy rant and called the monitor guy a "fucking asshole" among other things, then followed up the rant with a "but we're here to show you guys a good time and that's what we're gonna do" pep-talk.  For the most part he seemed fairly eager to please, asked the audience several times what they wanted to hear, and he was in very good voice, much better than I expected.

Mid set Doyle came out and they played about a 1/2 dozen Misfits tunes, all of them sounded great.  Doyle left and they played more Danzig tunes, but then he came back for "Skulls" during the encore.

It was pretty damn awesome, all in all.  I was a huge Misfits nerd in the mid 80's, and still love that stuff.  It was great to see him and Doyle perform it.  A real blast.

RustyOrgan

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 12:01:42 pm »
INCREDIBLE show last night! So cool to hear Misfits songs w/ Danzig + Doyle!
Glenn's voice was terrific and the setlist was perfect! Best Danzig show I've seen!!

He did..but it was touch and go for a minute there.  He made a huge fuss over the monitors (they admittedly were horrible, feeding back often and loudly)...went a pretty lengthy rant and called the monitor guy a "fucking asshole" among other things, then followed up the rant with a "but we're here to show you guys a good time and that's what we're gonna do" pep-talk.  For the most part he seemed fairly eager to please, asked the audience several times what they wanted to hear, and he was in very good voice, much better than I expected.

Mid set Doyle came out and they played about a 1/2 dozen Misfits tunes, all of them sounded great.  Doyle left and they played more Danzig tunes, but then he came back for "Skulls" during the encore.

It was pretty damn awesome, all in all.  I was a huge Misfits nerd in the mid 80's, and still love that stuff.  It was great to see him and Doyle perform it.  A real blast.