Author Topic: beard a thon 2011  (Read 2129 times)

thatguy

• Global Moderator
beard a thon 2011
« on: April 06, 2011, 02:16:20 pm »
in an effort to use my public image for more positive things, i'm participating in the capitals beard a thon for charity again this year.  i am going to shave off my ridiculous sideburns, and start with fresh cheeks for the playoffs.  as long as the caps are in the running for the stanley cup, i won't shave my face.  all proceeds go to the fort dupont ice arena:

Washington Capitals Charities will be donating all proceeds from the 2011 Beard-A-Thon to Friends of Fort Dupont Ice Arena. Fort Dupont is the only public indoor ice arena located in Washington, D.C., and the only skating facility in the area that provides free or subsidized skating programs to children. Its Kids On Ice programs provide free figure skating, hockey and speed skating lessons to vulnerable and economically disadvantaged youth who might not otherwise have the opportunity to learn these sports. Lessons learned on the ice, such as teamwork, respect, hard work and discipline, translate to lessons learned in the classroom and beyond.  Friends of Fort Dupont Ice Arena partners with public and private schools, summer camps, churches and local community organizations to promote and deliver its programs to more than 7,000 children per year.

if you can spare a few bucks, please go to my profile and click on "pledge this beard."  every little bit helps.

http://www.beardathon.com/capitals/thatguy/profile.aspx

thanks, y'all.

josh

bekessler

Re: beard a thon 2011
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 03:11:04 pm »
Just gave via cc, but just as an fyi the paypal option seems not to be working once you get to the 2nd or 3rd page.  But it could just be me.

Go Caps!

vansmack

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 03:29:47 pm »
I didn't.  But some guy named Ryan Getzlaf did....
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 03:39:48 pm by vansmack »
27>34

jrho

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 03:33:17 pm »
The paypal option failed for me as well. :( Donated via cc instead. Do you win anything if you raise the most money?

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 03:38:28 pm »
i noticed the paypal issue too.  the site just went up, so hopefully they'll have that fixed sometime soon.

thanks for the donations.

smackie: i was fairly confident that i knew where that pledge came from.  thanks.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 03:39:22 pm »
The paypal option failed for me as well. :( Donated via cc instead. Do you win anything if you raise the most money?

no prizes other the satisfaction of helping the kids as far as i know. 

thanks for the help.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 04:21:07 am »
OK all of you know I am a huge Flyers fan, but since this is going to support a rink for the kids in DC to be able to play the greatest sport ever invented, I'm in for $10. 
FUKIT