Author Topic: Strokes last night at DAR  (Read 1071 times)

Vas Deferens

Strokes last night at DAR
« on: April 27, 2006, 03:04:00 pm »
Amazing show, despite the venue's sound. Who else went??
(_|_)

BookerT

Re: Strokes last night at DAR
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 05:23:00 pm »
i got a free, last minute ticket (i swear!), so i was there. if it wasn't great, it was damn close. they got all the new songs out of the way early -- they still suck -- and went on to play "is this it?" basically in its entirety. hard to go wrong there. the kids were having a great time, it was hard not to enjoy that. the highlight for me was when julian ventured about 15-20 rows into the crowd, all eyes were on him, so the guys on stage were just sorta chilling, doing their thing and the bassist just went into the back corner of the stage and chatted with opener sean na na/har mar superstar. cracked me up, for some reason.

but yeah, i'm not sure the strokes have another good album in them, but there's a lot worse stuff the kids could be listening to.

clyde725

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 05:28:00 pm »
I was there.  It was ok.  I liked that they played mainly from their first album.  I'm a big fan of giving the fans what they want to hear.

I've never been to DAR though, and I gotta say that I'm really not a big fan.  I spent a lot of the show wondering how the group of seven high school girls standing in front of me became such huge strokes fans.  They spent the entire show dancing wildly and singing the words to all the songs (even the new ones), ran downstairs when they saw julian come off stage, and then came back with one of them screaming that julian fell on her.

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 07:42:00 pm »
wait, Har Mar played?  are you kidding me?

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 07:47:00 pm »
nevermind, i figured it out.  well shit.  it would have been worthwhile going just to see him...