Author Topic: Digable Planets?  (Read 1983 times)

root

Digable Planets?
« on: June 09, 2005, 11:47:00 am »
Anyone gonna check this? I been waiting close to a decade to see these cats get back together! I'm supprised I have not seen more hype on it...

Guiny

Re: Digable Planets?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 12:11:00 pm »
Your suprised?

beedubyah

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 12:26:00 pm »
These guys ruled my world in high school....I eventually converted a bunch of people but if you ask most anyone, I doubt they remember them.

Im probably going.

amnesiac

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 12:29:00 pm »
Got my tix. Very excited...

beedubyah

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 12:31:00 pm »
I wonder if I still know all the words on Reachin... Will have to dust that one off...

definitivedoodle

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 12:34:00 pm »
got my tickets last night

i think i should sell out

for the home town cats

SalParadise

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 12:36:00 pm »
i'm definitely going.

walkonby

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 03:44:00 pm »
i'm going, as well.  i'm hoping to finally meet some of the people on here.  (especially miss marple . . . whoo-hoo!)  the reason there is no hype on the forum about it is because keane, ryan adams, the pixies, bloc party, or any nuevo-post-punk-pardem band won't be there that night.  plus people might be scared off thinking it will be a predominately black audience.  most every show i go to at the club, there is usually one or two black kids surrounded by a sea of whities, and i always thought they must feel somewhat uncomfortable, so i'm looking forward to seeing if it is me who will be the outcast.  but who knows?  i'm white and i love d.p., and some of my cracker friends like them as well.  i mean, this isn't a wu-tang show.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005, 04:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:
 plus people might be scared off thinking it will be a predominately black audience.  
hah!

i doubt that.  you'll have plenty of whities around with you.
(o|o)

definitivedoodle

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005, 04:51:00 pm »
  i'm going, as well.  i'm hoping to finally meet some of the people on here.  (especially miss marple . . . whoo-hoo!)  the reason there is no hype on the forum about it is because keane, ryan adams, the pixies, bloc party, or any nuevo-post-punk-pardem band won't be there that night.  plus people might be scared off thinking it will be a predominately black audience.  most every show i go to at the club, there is usually one or two black kids surrounded by a sea of whities, and i always thought they must feel somewhat uncomfortable, so i'm looking forward to seeing if it is me who will be the outcast.  but who knows?  i'm white and i love d.p., and some of my cracker friends like them as well.  i mean, this isn't a wu-tang show.
i go to almost every hip hop show at the 930 club and each time theres a huge mix of cats, from teeny boppers to old skool heads, black, white, everything, dont be sccccared.

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 04:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:

plus people might be scared off thinking it will be a predominately black audience.  
hah!

i doubt that.  you'll have plenty of whities around with you. [/b]
It'll be a pretty diverse crowd...

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 04:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by Joymonster:

Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:

hah!

i doubt that.  you'll have plenty of whities around with you. [/b]
It'll be a pretty diverse crowd... [/b]
of course ... but i've yet to be to a hip-hop show at 930 that wasn't either a) diverse or b) very very white (j5 and dizzee off the top of my head)

and to quote seinfeld, "not that there's anything wrong with that ..."
(o|o)