Author Topic: No Tim Burgess???  (Read 2214 times)

JGatz

No Tim Burgess???
« on: January 09, 2004, 03:43:00 pm »
Did anyone else notice how quietly the club took Tim Burgess off the Starsailor show?  This is from his website:

Thanks to all of you that have supported my record, came to the shows & got yer self one of those cool, 'Never Too Drunk To Funk' t-shirts!!!
 So, first off, I really need to clear up some scheduled tour dates... I am really sorry I missed the 2 shows at Earl's Court on the 16th & 17th of December. The reason, I couldn't perform at those 2 particular shows was because of a personal family misfortune amongst a member in my band...
 As for the US Starsailor gigs starting on the 15th of January, well that's a complicated one... but mainly it's due to schedule conflicts & the fact that, 'I Believe' has not yet been released in America. It's difficult to tour when you don't have a record out there to reference & support...
 I am good friends with Starsailor & have always had the best times whilst being on the road with them. I truly appreciate the offering to play with them & am really upset about not being able to make this tour.
 My most sincere apologies go out to Starsailor & to all of you that were expecting to see me in the states this time around...
 I will have to make it up in the early part of the
 year...!
 Also be on the look out for a new Charlatans record due out early next year.
 www.thecharlatans.net
 So, 2004 - let's have some more - more peace,
 happiness & good music!"

Much Cheers, Tim

ratioci nation

Dandy01

Re: No Tim Burgess???
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 04:03:00 pm »
I hadn't seen the initial thread but I had noticed his name disappeared..  :(   I think there were a few other choices in town that night anyhow.

JGatz

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 04:47:00 pm »
Thanks, thats what happens when you go a couple of days without reading the board.  The music passes you by...and all the other bullshit people gab about here.

Random Citizen

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2004, 04:51:00 pm »
Right, because clicking on that Page 2 link at the bottom is so difficult.

Originally posted by JGatz:
  Thanks, thats what happens when you go a couple of days without reading the board.  The music passes you by...and all the other bullshit people gab about here.

Guiny

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2004, 05:03:00 pm »
Tim Burgess isnt gonna be here......Boooo Hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sarcasm)

JGatz

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2004, 05:51:00 pm »
Yeah, I'm not as inclined as others to spend all my time reading every single post that I may have missed.  If it isn't on the first page then I won't see it.

I'm not sad that he isn't coming, I could give a rats ass.  It seemed like the club didn't inform anyone about the change.  I don't think making a post on the board is "informing" the public.  They usually will post a note on the main page if there is a change in the line up of a show.  If I had bought a ticket and thought he was coming I would be miffed.

Random Citizen

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2004, 06:13:00 pm »
But are they really obligated to make such a fuss about someone who isn't the headliner? Opening acts change all the time. I'm not sure what else they could have done...you obviously saw the edit on the front page, so why continue complaining that the club didn't do anything? When by removing his name from the bill, they did. *shrugs*

Originally posted by JGatz:
  Yeah, I'm not as inclined as others to spend all my time reading every single post that I may have missed.  If it isn't on the first page then I won't see it.

I'm not sad that he isn't coming, I could give a rats ass.  It seemed like the club didn't inform anyone about the change.  I don't think making a post on the board is "informing" the public.  They usually will post a note on the main page if there is a change in the line up of a show.  If I had bought a ticket and thought he was coming I would be miffed.

JGatz

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2004, 06:24:00 pm »
By no means am I complaining.  I just though it was a little sneaky that they didn't mention it on the main page.  Tim Burgess was opening for Starsailor but on the page he was listed on the headline not under the main act like most opening bands are.

it read "Starsailor w/ Tim Burgess"

*shrugs*

ratioci nation

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2004, 06:26:00 pm »
So anyway, who will be opening for Starsailor now?  I will be in Columbus, OH at a GBV show that night, but am still curious.

twangirl

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2004, 06:53:00 pm »
We have just been told that the new opening act for Starsailor will be Johnathan Rice.

And BTW, everything in this business is always subject to chamge without notice. If an opening act goes away, we remove them from the ads and website. When we are advised of their replacement, we list the new band.
 If the headliner goes away, we post refund or new date info as soon as we have it.

Dandy01

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2004, 07:52:00 pm »
The other event I couldn't remember was 1964 - the Beatles Tribute show, wonder if it's worth it?