Author Topic: Travel to Merriweather question  (Read 4784 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Travel to Merriweather question
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 11:39:01 am »
at last year's freefest, they were directing traffic and limiting where you could park at the mall.  made sense, since so many people were showing up for FF and it was a saturday (i.e. the mall shops needed to make money too).
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, 11:40:33 am »
Just park in the lot where the Sears and Jcpenny is.  This is where I always park for shows  ;D

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 12:37:21 pm »
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like the ban was a one time thing for phish.

Sir HC

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2011, 01:15:08 pm »
there's a tiered parking lot across from the mall lot where you can park legally and for free. look out for attendants directing you to that lot..we parked there last time during sweetlife fest.

Hey that's my lot. 

For the big shows they give out parking passes to the people who work here and have security direct traffic.  Lighter shows such as tonight or Death Cab, not much security going on.  Heck they finally put in a crosswalk from my building across Little Patuxent Parkway somewhat legitimizing parking at the mall. Funny thing is that for some shows the Sears parking lot is full of concert goers but the garages nearer Merriweather are still pretty empty.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, 01:40:35 pm »
I think they put that sign up when the show is on a weekend...but they don't really enforce it.

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like the ban was a one time thing for phish.
(_|_)

Arthwys

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2011, 01:53:49 pm »
I seem to remember them totally closing down the part of Little Patuxent Parkway that is between the Mall and Merriweather during the last couple of V-Fests.  I simply makesure to enter the inner mall ring road from the north and drive around until I get to the lot closest to the venue.  I make sure to park close to the mall so it's not terribly obvious.  If there are any security around I make sure to actually enter the mall, hang out for a few minutes, then walk out and across the parking lot to Merriweather.
Emrys

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2011, 02:12:53 pm »
I seem to remember them totally closing down the part of Little Patuxent Parkway that is between the Mall and Merriweather during the last couple of V-Fests. 

last year they were guiding people into certain lots at the mall early on in the day.  once those were filled, i assume they turned people away to keep some parking available for mall patrons.
<sig>

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2011, 01:07:16 pm »
So since there wasn't a thread this one is most appropriate:

Thoughts on last night's show?

I've never seen MMJ before and went only to see Neko, but I thought MMJ was fantastic, even with being unfamiliar with their work.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2011, 01:23:25 pm »
Yep, fantastic like last year's.

Did you stay the whole 2.5 hours? 
(_|_)

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2011, 01:27:03 pm »
Yup.

Not going to lie, I was getting pretty tired by the end but that was due to having a full work-day beforehand.

My co-worker and I were also able to get 5th row dead center seats at the door which was pretty phenomenal.

Dondate was great and I really like the tracks off the new album. Great crowd too, I never dance around that much at a show.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2011, 01:37:24 pm »
that Neko duet was phenomenal...the new songs sound way better live.
(_|_)

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2011, 09:11:35 pm »
MMJ was phenomenal as always.  I probably liked last night's set even better than the Bonnaroo set this year. 

Some good rarities in late in the set with Phone Went West and I Will Sing You Songs.  Also, Evil Urges has been pretty rare lately.

We were in the center of the second row of seats, and much of the first two rows were sitting down for some of the show.  I can't even fathom sitting down for that.

I agree that the new songs sound great live.  I was underwhelmed by Circuital at first, but have really come to appreciate it after seeing the songs live.  Neko's new song was great, too.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 09:13:06 pm by Mr.Whippy »

Sir HC

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2011, 10:36:02 am »
Looks like we lucked out, seems the drummer got food poisoning and missed the next show.

atomicfront

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2011, 05:26:48 pm »
I dont' see any benefit of parkign at the mall.  I have never had any problem getting in or out of merriweather's lots.