Author Topic: Fugazi Live Series  (Read 1671 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Fugazi Live Series
« on: December 02, 2011, 01:19:07 pm »
Say what you will about Fugazi/Ian.

It's really cool what they have done with this and how they are going about it.  For fans of the band or folks that were/have been around that scene for a while, the archive is fun to look through. 

http://www.dischord.com/fugazi_live_series

And really nice piece about in in Pitchfork today too.

http://pitchfork.com/news/44777-ian-mackaye-talks-fugazi-live-archives-legacy-nostalgia-occupy-musicians/
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 01:37:05 pm by chaz »

K8teebug

Re: Fugazi Live Series
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 01:46:59 pm »
So cool they did this.  Sadly, the first fort reno show I saw was not recorded.  But, I still remember it fondly.

Sir HC

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 03:52:12 pm »
Awesome but trying to look through the list I get either the first page or the last page.  I know a bunch have video too, that could be doubly cool.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 04:50:39 pm »
My only Fugazi show is also one of the only shows I don't have my ticket stub for, so  I'm not sure of the exact date.   They don't have many shows listed from the old Black Cat, so I assume it's one of those.    Maybe I'll just get all of them.

James Ford

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 05:08:22 pm »
My first Fugazi show was at Saratoga Winners in Latham, NY in March 1991.

Really odd place to see them, as the place was know for mostly having metal shows. I did see the Ramones, Iggy Pop, and Big Audio Dynamite at the same venue on separate occasions.

Didn't pay anywhere near $45 for any of those shows.

Sir HC

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 03:31:31 am »
If I tried to think of all the shows I have seen, can't do.  I *can* say you can see me on the Instrument DVD and the coffee table book of them.