Author Topic: TC Friday - Hilton's Wacky Statement  (Read 1614 times)

rich_WDC

TC Friday - Hilton's Wacky Statement
« on: January 14, 2012, 11:00:04 am »
Strange musings from Eric Hilton at Friday's Thievery show:
After a pleasant, cliched shoutout to Seth & 930, he implies it's good to be at 930 rather than Clear Channel places they've played. And Clear Channel was taken over by Bain Capital which has a Mitt Romney connection.  And fuck you Mitt Romney, he says.   
My takeaways:
*Hilton is going for Santorum or Perry or Gingrich
*He doesn't know that Clear Channel isn't in the venue management business anymore--by a bunch of years.  (Sure-- like CC, Live Nation is a big evil shit conglomerate, but that corp doesn't have business connection to CC except for a board member or two overlapping.)

Overall, a poorly thought-out rant in an otherwise decent TC show.

Any similar ramblings at Wed/Thrs shows?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: TC Friday - Hilton's Wacky Statement
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 12:48:43 pm »
*Hilton is going for Santorum or Perry or Gingrich

do you know if hilton is pro-republican?  based on his origin (DC) and leanings of his albums (conspiracy, internationalism, etc) i would guess he's democrat-leaning.  thus, my take-away was that he was taking a cheap-shot at the eventual republican candidate in support of his boy obama.  but that's my guess, i don't know for sure how he votes/thinks.

good show indeed.  interesting that it was striped-down: no fancy LED lights, etc, just the band on stage.  i liked that they used a drummer.  he sounded really good and very even (a concern garza and hilton have had in the past with using drummers at their live shows).  i thought the crowd was a tad tame but certainly plenty of dancing going on around me.
<sig>

lily1

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 01:04:06 pm »
no ramblings thursday night.

drummer and the two rappers are a great addition. and glad to see the horns featured more prominently these days.

thanks sweets for your extra on friday night!

notme

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 01:42:08 pm »
live nation owns the fillmore chain.  i think tc payed for a big anti war concert near the washington monument 7-8 years go.  they also did an outdoor protest/concert around ten years ago at the us capitol during a very cold bush state of the union address.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 01:44:03 pm »
i wish people that are paid to entertain me . . . would shut the fuck up . . . and entertain me.

azaghal1981

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 03:13:55 pm »
Not all that surprising. And the fact that CC spun LN off makes the connection between the two companies stronger than the first post would lead some to think.

Live Nation will always have CC hanging over its head.

And yeah; what Sweetcell said about Hilton/Obama. Although personally, I can't see a President Romney being all that different than the letdown Obama has been in certain areas such as foreign policy but that is another thread. Neither will get my vote.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 04:24:37 pm »
jiffy lube headquarters are located at 7800 cellar door drive, for example

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 11:40:22 pm »
TC recently released a video which is a fairly lame and hackneyed shout out to the "Occupy" movement. 
_\|/_

azaghal1981

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 12:01:08 am »
احمد

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 01:59:40 pm »
And there was a hilarious slam of it in the City Paper.
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/artsdesk/music/2011/12/20/thievery-corporation-loves-democracy/

"And after we're done tackling all this toxic greed and corruption, I could really use a $14 cocktail. ". :D
_\|/_