Author Topic: Howard Theatre questions  (Read 2238 times)

bellenseb

Howard Theatre questions
« on: September 27, 2012, 11:36:01 am »
Heading to the Howard for the first time tonight to check out Mark Kozelek (so glad he's regularly coming to DC again after that long Ottobar-only stretch).

The site says doors at 6, show at 8, which seems pretty clear, and there's no opener listed. So this seems like it will be a super early rock show...OK with me but a little odd.

Also, they list the show as "general admission" (as opposed to say the upcoming KIX show, which is listed as "standing room only - limited seating available). Does this mean I have to sit and order stuff, or will there be somewhere to stand?

hutch

Re: Howard Theatre questions
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 11:38:48 am »
i can only answer first part: if they say 8 it will probably be 8

i've seen people burned there by getting there "late" and the show i went to which was billed as an early time was indeed early.

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 11:45:04 am »
I was just there on Monday night for Morbid Angel and I'll be there for tonight's show as well (look for the ShowlistDC hoodie).

They have a big section where you can stand.  They also have plenty of tables/booths around the club, but those are a $10/person minimum.  So you can sit and order stuff (food/drink) or you can stand.  Or you can order drinks at the bar and stand.

I'm betting for the Kix show they'll remove most of the tables and just have the few booths around the perimeter (that would be your "limited seating"-- there aren't a ton of spaces).  For shows where there are fewer tickets sold, they'll put out more tables.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 11:46:08 am »
Mark Kozelek according to the website is:

*General Admission Seating -- All Ages
*First Come, First Seated

(_|_)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 11:50:50 am »
Also, friend sent me this:

http://www.goldstar.com/events/washington-dc/mark-kozelek

Tickets still available

$10 plus service charge
(_|_)

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 12:19:55 pm »
Not a great answer, but I'd just suggest calling and asking them.  I've only been once (Little Richard) and there was no standing area at all.  You had to either be seated at a table or stand at the bar in the back.    Yeah - I know it's a different crowd - but the point is that the seating seems to change on a case-by-case basis.

hutch

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 12:42:37 pm »
Not a great answer, but I'd just suggest calling and asking them.  I've only been once (Little Richard) and there was no standing area at all.  You had to either be seated at a table or stand at the bar in the back.    Yeah - I know it's a different crowd - but the point is that the seating seems to change on a case-by-case basis.

do not go by what they say on phone...take with grai of salt... they don't have a clue.. i called to ask if there was opener and they said yes... then there was no opener..

bellenseb

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 02:09:52 pm »
Thanks! just used this and saved a few bucks

Also, friend sent me this:

http://www.goldstar.com/events/washington-dc/mark-kozelek

Tickets still available

$10 plus service charge