Author Topic: Concert Insurance  (Read 1706 times)

BrettnotBritt

Concert Insurance
« on: January 28, 2013, 05:25:45 pm »
So I'm aiming to a book a show later this summer at a small venue near my hometown, but the owner is stressing that I provide my own event insurance in case someone gets hurt. He said that only events that he promotes are covered. Has anyone worked with any event insurance providers and/or could recommend one to me? Much appreciated.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Concert Insurance
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 05:50:09 pm »
Call your Homeowner's Insurance provider, if you have one, it might be covered under that liability, if not they might be able to point you in a better direction.
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 05:57:16 pm »
Ask the owner who he uses.
27>34

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 06:50:45 pm »
You'll need what's called a Special Events policy.

Check this website:
http://www.csicoverage.com/SpecialEvents.aspx

They claim that their clients include Lollapalooza and Austin City Limits Festival.

They're inexpensive if it's just a small concert and you can add "liquor liability" if liquor is served.

(_|_)

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 07:09:40 pm »
You'll need what's called a Special Events policy.

Check this website:
http://www.csicoverage.com/SpecialEvents.aspx

They claim that their clients include Lollapalooza and Austin City Limits Festival.

They're inexpensive if it's just a small concert and you can add "liquor liability" if liquor is served.

Thanks for the tips. Do I need liquor liability added? The venue would be providing the liquor, not myself. In other words, his employees would be working the bar, checking IDs, and so forth.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 07:19:59 pm »
Yes, it doesn't matter who provides the liquor. I'm sure the venue would want to be added as an "additional insured" on your policy.
(_|_)