Author Topic: Joey Ramone estate auction  (Read 2767 times)

hutch

Joey Ramone estate auction
« on: February 08, 2013, 02:42:41 pm »
some interesting stuff.. including his record collection of 97 lps (these must be the leftovers?)

you have to buy the entire collection all in one which precludes me bidding..

http://www.rrauction.com/preview_gallery.cfm?Category=123&InvPage=1&SortOrder=Item&SearchCrit=

i'd dig that new york dolls shirt but $200 is the starting bid.

hutch

Re: Joey Ramone estate auction
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 02:44:41 pm »
the collection of lps is suprisingly unexceptional..makes one wonder if his brother is just clearing out some crap records he found in the basement or something?

bearman🐻

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 03:09:08 pm »
Having a Social D shirt owned by Joey Ramone would be pretty freakin' cool. But the rolodex and some of his eyeglasses are what I'm intrigued by.

nkotb

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 03:20:59 pm »
I'd bid if they weren't all XL's.

atomicfront

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 03:21:45 pm »
His record collection is overpriced and not very unique. Certainly not worth the minimum bid.  His passport would be super cool to have.  Leather jacket would be cool but as he was small in physique and super tall I doubt it would fit too many people.  

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 03:32:24 pm »
An old friend of mine owns the jacket Dee Dee wore on stage for many years....given to him by Johnny.  A serious piece of schwag.

bearman🐻

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 04:03:20 pm »
To me, Dee Dee is the MVP of Ramones. The wackiest and craziest, but also the coolest.  Plus, he was one hell of a songwriter. I saw them only once, after he left, but I still don't feel like I really saw the Ramones. Dee Dee is the man.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 04:27:35 pm »
To me, Dee Dee is the MVP of Ramones. The wackiest and craziest, but also the coolest.  Plus, he was one hell of a songwriter. Dee Dee is the man.
+1

hutch

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 04:34:03 pm »
To me, Dee Dee is the MVP of Ramones. The wackiest and craziest, but also the coolest.  Plus, he was one hell of a songwriter. I saw them only once, after he left, but I still don't feel like I really saw the Ramones. Dee Dee is the man.

Dee Dee wasn't at the HFS Festival gig, right?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 09:31:28 pm »
why would anybody want any of that stuff.  i worshipped the ramones, and still do.  but do i want something that belonged to somebody else just because they are "famous" . . . how creepy.

Unsanity

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 11:25:49 pm »
I think there are some cool things in that record collection. The Rationals and Pink Fairies are pretty awesome. There are some other neat psych things in there fore sure. Sure its not worth 500 bucks if it was some random guys collection but that is Joey's stuff! Someone could sell the albums they do not want piecemeal and maybe get all their money back. 

James Ford

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 10:32:09 am »
200 dollar t-shirts. That's so fucking punk rock!