Author Topic: Why?  (Read 2266 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Why?
« on: February 12, 2013, 04:18:23 pm »
http://news.yahoo.com/senate-heads-toward-vote-anti-violence-act-082801908--politics.html

Why is the government passing laws that promote sexism?  It is ashamed that being a middle class white male in and of itself is considered evil in this country...  Please before you go off in a reply, think about what it is I am saying here.
FUKIT

atomicfront

Re: Why?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 04:29:20 pm »
http://news.yahoo.com/senate-heads-toward-vote-anti-violence-act-082801908--politics.html

Why is the government passing laws that promote sexism?  It is ashamed that being a middle class white male in and of itself is considered evil in this country...  Please before you go off in a reply, think about what it is I am saying here.

so you want to beat your wife?

stevewizzle

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 04:29:44 pm »
oh shut the fuck up.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 04:36:41 pm »

so you want to beat your wife?

I don't want anyone to beat anyone.  You obviously did not heed the last sentence of my original post.
FUKIT

atomicfront

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 04:43:36 pm »
"The White House, which supports the Senate bill, says that among the positive changes created by VAWA are a decline in intimate partner violence by 67% between 1993 and 2010 and an increase in victims reporting domestic and sexual violence to police, resulting in more arrests.

The act provides grants to state and local authorities for legal assistance, transitional housing, law enforcement training, stalker databases and domestic violence hotlines. The Senate bill extends the act for five years and provides $659 million for VAWA programs, down 17% from the last reauthorization in 2005."

I don't know why you are blabering on about this.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 04:49:56 pm »
I thought about it, and I don't understand what you are saying.  Can you please clarify.

azaghal1981

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 04:56:17 pm »
This act has been renewed with no fanfare for decades now, you stupid fucking moron.
احمد

atomicfront

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 04:58:22 pm »
This act has been renewed with no fanfare for decades now, you stupid fucking moron.

actually it was not renewed last year due to the addition of allowing native american tribes to prosecute non-native americans for crimes commited on native american land.   The house rejected it. they think the house might approve it this year due to their poor ratings with women folk.

azaghal1981

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 05:06:59 pm »
Right. Which is why it was brought up almost immediately at the start of this session. But prior to that, it was renewed with no fanfare at all. Hell, very few people outside of government even knew about it.
The fact that that it had a new clause for Native Americans and was rejected solely based on that shows you how racist your garden variety Republican is.
احمد