Author Topic: BIG BILLY JOEL NEWS!!!  (Read 9605 times)

Cock Van Der Palm

Re: BIG BILLY JOEL NEWS!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2013, 06:21:28 pm »
Only opened this topic to see Brian's smartass response.  Very disappointed.  Maybe the proper meds have finally been prescribed.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2013, 06:54:18 pm »

"I'll Do Anything You Ask, If You Ask It With Your Hands" hotdogs for $8. the branding possibilities are INSANE.

"I'll Do Anything You Ask (If You Ask It With Your Hands)" sounds like a great, lost Fall Out Boy song.  Pete Wentz has to be kicking himself for not coming up with that one.  Of course, it also sounds a little rapey.  Not "Blurred Lines" rapey ("What rhymes with hug me?"  Drug me.)  And yet, Jameis Winston walks free...

Brian

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2013, 10:26:50 am »
("What rhymes with hug me?"  Drug me.) 
The part that most bothered me about that wasn't the message but the sheer laziness of it. Robin Thicke: you're a lyricist. Your job is to write lyrics. You people, along with poets, are the exact people who are supposed to make their livelihood off knowing what rhymes with what. If you start crowdsourcing that, your only job, out, what the hell are we paying you for? It's inane!
LVMH

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2013, 10:15:21 pm »
Billy Joel, 4 Others Receive Kennedy Center Honors

No, that really is the headline.

"...and the rest"
😐 🎶

atomic

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2013, 11:08:28 pm »
i understand what you are saying . . . but i understand music too.  msg aint no vegas.  to pull this off at msg, you better be fucking huge and still fucking relevant beyond everyone else.  does billy joel really fall into such a category?  i can see elton john being able to do this.  billy joel is no icon like elton.

Didn't LCD Soundsystem sell out MSG?  I don't think it takes much to sell out that place when you have so many people in the area.  I mean people go to 41 Rangers games in a season I am sure there will people who attend multiple Billy Joel shows. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2013, 11:59:54 pm »
im sure if mister joel said he was breaking him self up and never performing as billy joel again . . . he too could sell out the msg place held so high to the folks of nyc.  other than that, i think after three shows, he will realize this was a big fucking mistake.  i predict people will call him a sellout and greedy and has a chip on his shoulder.

perhaps he should just lip synch the whole concert and dance around the stage, like britney.  id go see that.

slappy

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2013, 12:59:19 pm »
So from that headline Billy Joel is only living for ten more years?
MSG is going to be demo'd in ten years for a new Penn Station.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/25/nyregion/madison-square-garden-is-told-to-move.html?_r=0

They even have futuristic plans that will never happen cuz it's NYC and 9/11 never forget.
http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2013/05/29/four_plans_for_a_new_penn_station_without_msg_revealed.php