Author Topic: Academy Awards / New Movies /Old Movies whatever  (Read 19562 times)

Re: Academy Awards / New Movies /Old Movies whatever
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2014, 09:26:45 pm »
I saw The Broken Circle Breakdown on Thanksgiving Day in a very empty theater with a friend and some other woman. The theater was dead silent throughout the entire movie (granted it was only 3 of us). The story is so touching and heartwrenching.

Hard to believe after that - we'd all go to a Thanksgiving dinner. The music is just GORGEOUS!! Ive been looking for the soundtrack (available in Europe) and its surely worth the money.

Either that movie or The Hunt should have won for best foreign film. Mads Mikkelsen was excellent in the film. Now that was another gut-wrenching film but very worth seeing for those who havent.

Has anybody seen the Broken Circle Breakdown? Wow, what a soul crusher of a film. Best soundtrack of the year, too (with apologies to Frozen and Llewyn Davis).

Considering how good that one was and how good the Fall was, I can't believe some Italian movie won best foreign film.

Finally got around to watching this movie, (tBCB) - one of the few movies worth watching on Amazon prime
Wow that really tore me to pieces, I had to stop it a few times it was so intense.
But the integration of the music in the plot was just fantastic, that was some sweet bluegrass done by a Flemish actors/musicians
What an emotional tsunami! I was not prepared for that
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 09:33:23 pm by Sidehatch »
slack