Author Topic: Who would you nominate?  (Read 3512 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Who would you nominate?
« on: October 27, 2014, 01:55:41 am »
If you could nominate anyone from outside the political spectrum to run for president who would you pick?

I'll start with Charles Barkley.  He has said in the past that he had at least some interest in getting into politics.  I believe he mentioned in passing something about running for Governor of Alabama.  I'd vote for Chuck in a heartbeat no matter what label was next to his name.  It would be quite refreshing to have someone in office who tells you right up front what he is going, pulls no punches, and does exactly what he says.  I'm sure there are a lot of good people out there who would do a fantastic job.  Who is your choice?
FUKIT

hutch

Re: Who would you nominate?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 07:01:17 am »
Willie Nelson 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James Ford

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 08:06:01 am »
Charles Barkley pulls no punches, but he advocates beating your child. In 2014. I wouldn't vote for him for president of the NAACP, much less president of the USA.

I would nominate Sam Harris. As a PHD in neuroscience, he'd be smarter than our current president, or the previous one (who wasn't even as smart as me). As an atheist, he'd be a champion of scientific, logical, enlightened progressive thinking, rather than dictated or influenced by fairly tales from thousands of years ago. And he might have the balls to stand up to other foreign governments who are (exponentially more so) plagued by the same problem.

Given the religiousness of America, I'm sure my nomination would go nowhere. In that case, I'll nominate Bruce Springsteen because he is for the little guy and is a working class hero.

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 10:34:11 am »
I've become a big fan Sam Harris fan lately.

I nominate Bill Maher...although he takes the animal stuff pretty far, I agree with him on most other things
slack

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 10:42:57 am »
The animal stuff?
LVMH

James Ford

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 10:46:14 am »
I'm assuming he means Mahar is a PETA guy.

The animal stuff?

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 10:47:07 am »
RE: BM - he's a vegetarian and big support of PETA
My opinion is if we weren't supposed eat animals...why would they taste so good  ::)
slack

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 11:58:21 am »
If you could nominate anyone from outside the political spectrum to run for president who would you pick?

I'll start with Charles Barkley.  He has said in the past that he had at least some interest in getting into politics.  I believe he mentioned in passing something about running for Governor of Alabama.  I'd vote for Chuck in a heartbeat no matter what label was next to his name.  It would be quite refreshing to have someone in office who tells you right up front what he is going, pulls no punches, and does exactly what he says.  I'm sure there are a lot of good people out there who would do a fantastic job.  Who is your choice?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2014/10/26/charles-barkley-rants-about-russell-wilson-being-called-not-black-enough/

Barkley going where most African Americans are afraid to go. I applaud him.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 06:26:29 pm »
Charles Barkley pulls no punches, but he advocates beating your child. In 2014. I wouldn't vote for him for president of the NAACP, much less president of the USA.

I would nominate Sam Harris. As a PHD in neuroscience, he'd be smarter than our current president, or the previous one (who wasn't even as smart as me). As an atheist, he'd be a champion of scientific, logical, enlightened progressive thinking, rather than dictated or influenced by fairly tales from thousands of years ago. And he might have the balls to stand up to other foreign governments who are (exponentially more so) plagued by the same problem.

Given the religiousness of America, I'm sure my nomination would go nowhere. In that case, I'll nominate Bruce Springsteen because he is for the little guy and is a working class hero.

Thanks you literally made me laugh out loud when I got to the last part of your post! :)
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 06:53:31 pm »
Bruuuuuuuuuuce!!!!!!!!!

James Ford

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 08:16:20 am »
This was a very interesting conversation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVl3BJoEoAU

Despite them having some differences, I'd nominate Cenk as my VP. Although he's clearly more of an intellectual lightweight.

I've become a big fan Sam Harris fan lately.

I nominate Bill Maher...although he takes the animal stuff pretty far, I agree with him on most other things
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:40:40 am by James Ford »

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 05:28:14 am »
So did any of you actually vote for Ross Perot (or even give in serious consideration) when he ran for president?  Anyone care to guess if

A) I would have never voted for him.
B) I might have briefly considered voting for him.
C) I gave the idea of voting for him some deep thought.
D) I Cast my vote for him.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 01:12:25 pm by RatBastard »
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 06:49:01 am »
I voted for him!

My first vote!!