Author Topic: Foo at Wrigley Field  (Read 9384 times)

Driveway

Re: Foo at Wrigley Field
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2014, 11:42:06 am »
All of the DC bands I'd like to see them with don't really exist anymore.  Jawbox & Q and Not U w/ bassist?

They should really just play at Fort Reno since the Tower Records parking lot in Rockville  is already booked.

shemptiness

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2014, 02:51:11 pm »
Austin, Chicago, Los Angeles, Nashville, New Orleans, New York, Seattle and Washington D.C.

So Wrigley, RFK, MetLife Stadium(?).........
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 10:54:46 am by Shemp »

mekmad

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2014, 03:37:44 pm »
All of the DC bands I'd like to see them with don't really exist anymore.  Jawbox & Q and Not U w/ bassist?

They should really just play at Fort Reno since the Tower Records parking lot in Rockville  is already booked.

Ha, I was at the Tower Records show too.  I still have my EP Cassette tape of their second album they were handing out around here somewhere.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2014, 10:36:52 am »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2014, 11:59:43 am »
really?  REALLY?

three whole pages, for this thread.

bearman🐻

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2014, 12:41:36 pm »
really?  REALLY?

three whole pages, for this thread.

Can't resist the urge to click on the link for it huh? Boy, life is so cruel.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2014, 12:45:30 pm »
tis . . . true

hutch

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2014, 11:55:46 pm »
so how was the show? my connection- alas- failed me.......

Dante, if I see you on your scooter puttering around 14th street head for the sidewalk....you been warned..Also, dude, get some sun.

Its become clear I need an assistant...

bearman🐻

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2014, 11:14:08 am »

Dante, if I see you on your scooter puttering around 14th street head for the sidewalk....you been warned..Also, dude, get some sun.

I absolutely loved the show. Over 3 hours long, 28 songs, loads of cover songs...I realize that RFK will be a ton of fun and a huge big rock show. But for 23 bucks you don't get a chance to have that much fun in that small a venue that often. Although tonight the Damned may give the Foos a run for the money. Just sayin'.

hutch

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2014, 12:35:13 pm »

I absolutely loved the show. Over 3 hours long, 28 songs, loads of cover songs...I realize that RFK will be a ton of fun and a huge big rock show. But for 23 bucks you don't get a chance to have that much fun in that small a venue that often. Although tonight the Damned may give the Foos a run for the money. Just sayin'.

very jealous...good for you!!

bearman🐻

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2014, 04:24:21 pm »

very jealous...good for you!!

Thank you...I wish that people that have written them off would have a chance to check out a show like that one. They are really great musicians. Grohl knows he's probably not the best singer or guitarist. But he's got a powerhouse band and what he does is make sure that everyone has a truly great time. His energy and joy is infectious. When you watch people that love being on that stage for every minute they're on it, it's hard not to have a good time. And the audience matched that enthusiasm. I was surrounded by people that were pretty darn cool. Chris' guitar solo during "Miss You" was truly great, he's probably the best guitarist in the band...and Taylor is a powerhouse drummer that gives Dave a run for the money. If you're going to be in a band with him, you HAVE to be great.

Fooer

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2014, 09:37:59 pm »

Ha, I was at the Tower Records show too.  I still have my EP Cassette tape of their second album they were handing out around here somewhere.

That was my first Foo Fighters show.  Why can't they play Freakin' "Wind Up" live?  That was the first song at that gig.

shemptiness

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2014, 09:57:18 pm »
It's the year of the Foo