Author Topic: good places to grab dinner around echostage?  (Read 8908 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: good places to grab dinner around echostage?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 10:47:39 am »
Toki Underground,
I just saw this place on a TV show and it looks awesome. The ramen thing was slow to get to Richmond, but goodness it's delicious.
Toki is the best ramen in the city. Daikaya is second. Sakuramen is good too but I think everything pales in comparison.

If you're going to be hitting H St I'd suggest stopping by Maketto. I've only been for lunch but it is delicious. It's right next door to rock and roll hotel.

It's Toki and then nothing even touches it. Daikaya is garbage in my opinion. I prefer Ren's but it's not in the city. I'm looking forward to Momofuku opening up in City Center but I expect that to be a giant scene.
I say Toki is the best and there's no question, but there's enough ramen in the city that it's nor fair to compare to Toki lol. I like Daikaya, but nothing else, in multiple cities, has come near Toki.
‼‼?‼‼

Got Haggis?

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 12:01:20 pm »
thanks, i'll check these places out....its a saturday so probably won't have much luck with reservations, heh.

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 12:23:49 pm »
Toki Underground,
I just saw this place on a TV show and it looks awesome. The ramen thing was slow to get to Richmond, but goodness it's delicious.

isn't ramen made with meat juice?

you mean beef broth I assume...which is the only way to have Pho or Ramen
any other way is blasphemy

slack

K8teebug

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2015, 01:10:54 pm »
Is it still crazy getting into Toki Underground? I had this ramen in Baltimore that everyone loves and it had no flavor at all. Should not have gone to Toki Underground first.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2015, 01:20:41 pm »
where did you go in baltimore?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2015, 01:43:31 pm »
Is it still crazy getting into Toki Underground? I had this ramen in Baltimore that everyone loves and it had no flavor at all. Should not have gone to Toki Underground first.
On weekdays the wait time is about an hour and a half. Weekends it still creeps up to 3 hours or more. You can always do the "to go" option and go eat downstairs at The Pug.
‼‼?‼‼

Got Haggis?

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2015, 03:18:49 pm »
lol yeah i'm not waiting for 3 hours.....i might need to look further away for a place to eat beforehand

Yada

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2015, 03:23:01 pm »
lol yeah i'm not waiting for 3 hours.....i might need to look further away for a place to eat beforehand

Refer back to that original list, you won't have waits at all of those places.

imbecile

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2015, 03:25:50 pm »

quite possibly not helpful at all, but once they started opening for lunch, that's when i go.

It's an absolute breeze for lunch if you happen to be in the area.

Went yesterday and noticed they increased all their prices like 2-3 bucks.  Oh well. 

K8teebug

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2015, 05:55:35 pm »
where did you go in baltimore?

Ejji Ramen in Belvedere Square.

K8teebug

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2015, 05:58:51 pm »
It looked pretty, but was really really BLAND. Especially compared to Toki.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2015, 10:17:39 am »
Ah, I haven't been there yet.  Ten Ten Ramen in Mt Vernon is halfway decent...but I don't have much to compare it to.

We decided to try out Panda Gourmet before the show