Author Topic: Crooked Beat to new store location?  (Read 868 times)

jm1

Crooked Beat to new store location?
« on: July 06, 2008, 12:05:00 pm »
Second flood in a week has owners contemplating a move.

http://vinyldistrict.blogspot.com/

HoyaSaxa03

Re: Crooked Beat to new store location?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 12:16:00 pm »
I was talking to Bill about this last time I was in there, their landlord sounds like he's worthless ... I hope they don't move far from adams morgan...
(o|o)

hutch

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 07:22:00 pm »
who cares? they asolutely suck since neil went off and opened som... have you seen their vinyl?? the guy running it believes its ok to charge 40 bucks for a scratched up record..

its unreal looking for vinyl there... so poor..

does anyone remember how when neil was there the store would be packed night and day and the week after he left its pretty much empty... anyone wonder why? does the owner make any adjustment? no..

the only thing crooked beat does well is stock new vinyl including limited pressings (and turntables).. but the used vinyl stock is way overprice.d. just ludicrously so....i go there ever few weeks and just shake my head.. you can find all that used stuff on ebay for WAY less in better shape...

hoitel

• hello. world.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 01:26:00 pm »
 who cares? they asolutely suck since neil went off and opened som... have you seen their vinyl?? the guy running it believes its ok to charge 40 bucks for a scratched up record..

its unreal looking for vinyl there... so poor..

does anyone remember how when neil was there the store would be packed night and day and the week after he left its pretty much empty... anyone wonder why? does the owner make any adjustment? no..

the only thing crooked beat does well is stock new vinyl including limited pressings (and turntables).. but the used vinyl stock is way overprice.d. just ludicrously so....i go there ever few weeks and just shake my head.. you can find all that used stuff on ebay for WAY less in better shape...
i think that i'm going to hsve to co-sign with this. maybe if they move away from AM, they might be forced to up the quality of records and store practices (pricing - namely). Neil really is the man, imo.