Author Topic: Merriweather getting 19 million dollar facelift  (Read 8843 times)

hutch

Re: Merriweather getting 19 million dollar facelift
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 09:39:44 pm »
great . . . eleven dollar beers, just became twenty.

I don't think it will have any impact on prices...

I think Columbia is pretty flush and they're really trying to develop into something...having a marquee venue is just one of many ways....

K8teebug

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 12:26:45 pm »
They are also making improvements to the area around MPP in the woods to make it more accessible.  I think that's where some of the other money is going.

ggw

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2014, 12:55:14 pm »
I know Julian is being (at least partly) facetious, but upgraded VIP seating and parking is a great idea.  The older I get, the less I want to deal with crowds and hassles.  I am willing to overpay for easier access and a better seat and, in the process, subsidize the groundlings. 

atomic

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2014, 01:34:30 pm »
I know Julian is being (at least partly) facetious, but upgraded VIP seating and parking is a great idea.  The older I get, the less I want to deal with crowds and hassles.  I am willing to overpay for easier access and a better seat and, in the process, subsidize the groundlings. 

I dont' need better parking.  There is plenty of great parking at MPP.  They should do the concert series like they did back in the 80's.  You bought tickets to all the shows in a group of six and then you got the best seats.  VIP section sounds boring.  My guess is you would have a bunch of people sitting down the whole show and they would all be on their cell phones and chatting.  If you want great seats at any price there is stubhub.  I have also managed to get great seats coming a couple of hours before the show and buying them at the box office.

Getting rid of the pit is what you really want.  You want to have seats right in front of the stage.  Instead of having that stupid pit.  Whomever came up with that idea should be fired.

ggw

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2014, 01:53:41 pm »
Getting rid of the pit is what you really want.  You want to have seats right in front of the stage.  Instead of having that stupid pit.  Whomever came up with that idea should be fired.

I assume you mean, "whomever came up with the idea of getting rid of the pit should be fired."

Yada

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2014, 02:51:00 pm »

I dont' need better parking.  There is plenty of great parking at MPP.  They should do the concert series like they did back in the 80's.  You bought tickets to all the shows in a group of six and then you got the best seats.  VIP section sounds boring.  My guess is you would have a bunch of people sitting down the whole show and they would all be on their cell phones and chatting.  If you want great seats at any price there is stubhub.  I have also managed to get great seats coming a couple of hours before the show and buying them at the box office.

depends on the show as there are often times seats in the pit.

atomic

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2014, 02:54:12 pm »

Interesting I haven't seen them there.  What shows did they put seats in there?

Yada

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2014, 03:04:59 pm »

Interesting I haven't seen them there.  What shows did they put seats in there?

They had seats for Ray Lamontagne the other night.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2014, 05:09:30 pm »
im really not being that facetious. I would totally get my car detailed during a show. I would also get a massage between sets/during a crappy opener. Even at jacked up venue prices.

I'd also do VIP bathrooms at $5 a pop if there's no lines and they're clean. Concert Julian will drop money left and right.
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2014, 05:39:38 pm »
handjobs, on the lawn?  with groupons.  and pizza by the slice.  not with the same hand.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2014, 08:59:07 am »
Half the seats (maybe not half but a lot) are broken. They need to be replaced. 

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2014, 11:30:02 am »
Cup holders are always a nice touch. 

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2015, 10:13:48 am »

K8teebug

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2015, 10:56:16 am »
I live near here, and I'm glad they're making that whole area more walkable and people-accessible. It's in the center of town and it's a very unused area. I personally can't wait for the super nice running path that starts here and goes the whole way up LPP to the hospital...