Author Topic: Anyone into Vinyl LP's?  (Read 3594 times)

jm1

Anyone into Vinyl LP's?
« on: September 14, 2007, 11:43:00 am »
...so, I started this blog:

http://vinyldistrict.blogspot.com/

ggw

Re: Anyone into Vinyl LP's?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 04:30:00 pm »
I love vinyl and rarely buy CDs anymore.

Thanks for the T-Rex downloads.

jm1

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 04:37:00 pm »
Happy to oblige...I knew there would be some interest on this board.

The hope in the long run is that we can see increased foot traffic in the brick and mortar record stores here in DC. To that end, we've lined up store spotlights already with Som Records, Crooked Beat and Red Onion when I can find the time for the interviews (in the next 2 weeks or so.)

But daily there are glam/punk/post punk/new wave mp3 uploads along with news on vinyl releases and reissues.

Ye olde labour of love...keep checking in!

Marty666

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 05:16:00 pm »
Joe's Record Paradise on Gude in ROCKville has some great vinyl.

ferguson_larry

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 07:12:00 pm »
orpheus on wilson blvd in arlington has an amazing selection of new and used stuff.  the used stuff is in very good shape as well.  h

bearman🐻

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 08:36:00 pm »
What is everyone's preferred way of transferring vinyl into MP3s or other digital formats?

K8teebug

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 12:11:00 pm »
Did Joe re-open his store?  there used to be a Joe's record paradise on Harford Road in Baltimore.  It was awesome.

Marty666

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 02:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by K8teebug:
  Did Joe re-open his store?  there used to be a Joe's record paradise on Harford Road in Baltimore.  It was awesome.
either it was a second store or a different Joe.
 Joe's record paradise was in aspen hill for like 20 years before moving up the road to gude dr in rockville like 10 years ago.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 11:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by bearman:
  What is everyone's preferred way of transferring vinyl into MP3s or other digital formats?
i have a friend who uses the  stanton T90's SPDIF (digital) output into his 'puter's digital in, and gets very good results.

thing that really bugs me is getting WAV/MP3/FLAC of music from vinyl that was obviously recorded using a PC's default soundcard's "mic in", which invariably sounds noisy if not distorted (no idea how good apple's default soundcard is).  unless you paid extra for a soundcard upgrade, your soundblaster-compatible POS isn't going to sound good.  external sound interfaces are the way to go.
<sig>

K8teebug

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 07:45:00 am »
Maybe it was a second store.  Glad to see it's still around, anyway.  Found some interesting stuff there over the years...

hutch

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 08:43:46 pm »
so i got a copy of Bruce's Greetings from asbury park

1a/2a stampers in matrix

any ideas ? were there 1a stampers for both sides or did they change side 2? usually i can find this stuff on the internet but there is no good resource on this question

obviously this album in its original first presing issue would have sold a maximum of 25,000.. i have a -2a/-3a also so my gues is the -1a/-2a could be the first 10,000..

my favorite bruce album

the lack of info on this is puzzling.. discogs usually has specific info on matrices but not on this one other than to say the promo they have listed had -1b/-2b

but promos weren't always first pressings... although it could be as different plants- some say- used the a/b/c so a -1a/-2a =1b/-2b=-1c/-2c if one accepts this.. I don't really..

https://www.discogs.com/Bruce-Springsteen-Greetings-From-Asbury-Park-NJ/release/6842575
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 09:17:44 pm by hutch »

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 11:48:13 am »
The Hoffman forum is the place to ask that question.

hutch

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2016, 02:53:32 pm »
The Hoffman forum is the place to ask that question.

the answer is not on there.. i did look... but yeah you're right .. i'd need to register and ask there..