Author Topic: GIVE ME AN EFFING BREAK  (Read 1400 times)

Chisai Fry

GIVE ME AN EFFING BREAK
« on: April 06, 2005, 10:05:00 am »
Wow, So this is where education is going.  

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7374218/

Why don't we just give everybody 100's, and let everybody know that they are all doing a swell job!

lionforce5

Re: GIVE ME AN EFFING BREAK
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 10:34:00 am »
Young kids need something to tell them that what they're doing is wrong.  Otherwise they grow up to be defensive and weird and unable to deal with constructive criticism.

tenfifteen

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 10:42:00 am »
Is this really a big deal? Not sure I see the correlation between marking in purple and "passing everyone." It seems a classic "OMG-liberal-touchy-feelyism-is-ruining-teh-country" type of story that focuses on what is really a minor issue, is designed to elicit the reaction above, and keeps attention off of the real issues confronting public education.

At the end of the day, what does it hurt for educators to write in a color other than red? Are red pens cheaper, or is the goal to ensure that children receive the exact same treatment we did?

No Child Left Behind will ensure that the slower kids are flunked out anyway, so who cares?

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 10:50:00 am »
heh... and the fact that it's on MSNBC guarantees that it's sensationalist, non-relevant fluff with a right-wing tinge.
_\|/_

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 05:12:00 pm »
You could've included this one in the "Only in America" thread.