Author Topic: Malkmus tix?  (Read 1231 times)

mbg73

Malkmus tix?
« on: April 07, 2005, 03:06:00 pm »
Anyone get tix for Malkmus at the Black Cat yet?  Just wondering if tix are not on sale yet or if it's sold out already b/c ticketmaster shows no tix available.

nkotb

Re: Malkmus tix?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 03:10:00 pm »
I'd be willing to be it's not onsale yet.  And I don't know if I'd worry about him selling out the Black Cat.  The last time I saw him, there were barely enough people to fill my living room (if I had a living room).

mbg73

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 03:16:00 pm »
Yeah, I can't imagine him selling it out either, especially two months in advance.  Just seemed odd to have it listed as on sale but no tix available.  The 930 wasn't THAT empty the last time he was around!

amnesiac

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 03:57:00 pm »
I'm going to try to get tix tonight at the AYWKUBTTOD show

nkotb

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 04:03:00 pm »
Yeah, I know.  But for some reason, I have the memory that the show was almost empty, except for the dudes lovingly pouring beer on each other next to me.  Maybe it was because the house lights were on most of the night...

Anyway, I skipped seeing him for the last album.  I wonder if the new one will be any good.

Originally posted by mbg73:
 The 930 wasn't THAT empty the last time he was around!

BookerT

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 04:21:00 pm »
Anyway, I skipped seeing him for the last album. I wonder if the new one will be any good.
i'd be surprised if it was. i mean, it's been 10 years since he's made a really good record, y'know? the first two songs i heard from the new one were more weird time structure things, but the one that matador's hosting  on their mp3 page is a bit better, but far from revelatory.

i'll still be there front and center, regardless.

Chip Chanko

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 07:01:00 pm »
you can get them from ticketmaster now.