Author Topic: Simian Mobile Disco - DC show ... when ?? (waiting)  (Read 1554 times)

Giles

Simian Mobile Disco - DC show ... when ?? (waiting)
« on: March 12, 2008, 11:13:00 am »
Since the 9:30 seemed totally out of the loop and didn't book them anytime last year - and the nearest show was up in Philly - I am dying to see them perform live - since their debut album was a stunner.

Vas Deferens

Re: Simian Mobile Disco - DC show ... when ?? (waiting)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 11:31:00 am »
Just fly to San Francisco. You can see Goldfrapp early in the night, then:

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=245317
(_|_)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 11:56:00 am »
Dont hold your breath.
‼‼?‼‼

Giles

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 12:28:00 pm »
San Francisco ?! jeez that is so typical - oh well...

Whycontrol

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 04:47:00 pm »
You are absolutely right in wanting to see them. I saw their DJ debut in NYC years ago and it was transcendent. I've been trying to convince their agent to bring them to DC for years but preference has always gone to NYC or San Francisco. This is only to say it's not for lack of people in DC trying that they haven't played here. Write them on myspace and say COME TO DC! We like dance music. I'm going to write a note to SMD on myspace right now actually.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 05:44:00 pm »
if you're a big SMD fan, you might wanna spend the next week in montreal:  they're spinning there three times!
<sig>

grover.37

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 06:09:00 pm »
I approve of this thread.  

We've been getting some up and coming electronic acts recently though so I can't complain.

I wouldn't mind seeing Chromeo either...

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 07:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by grover.37:
  I approve of this thread.  

We've been getting some up and coming electronic acts recently though so I can't complain.

I wouldn't mind seeing Chromeo either...
They played Baltimore a few months ago.

DC needs to up it's electro game. I'm so pissed Digitalism w/ Guns N Bombs is 21+

its not fair.
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 12:57:00 pm »
saw SMD last night in a small sold-out club here in chi-town... RAWKED.  not quite transcendental, but damn close.  definitely one of the better DJ sets i've heard in a while.  hard to pin down stylistically - generally electro-house dipping into trance at times.  i successfully snagged a ticket outside the venue, which held only 200 people.  place was packed but everyone was really nice about giving you space to dance, as best they could under the cramped circumstances.  tons of smiles.  highly recommended.

this is what a justice set should be like - in a dance club, not a concert venue, and packed but not so much so that ones has no space to dance.  and speaking of, justice will be spinning at this same little club on thursday, after their show.  i'm tempted to go - while i'm over justice's live show, i'd be interested in hearing what they spin.  unfortunately they won't be behind the decks until midnight or 1 am, and i need to be functional the next day... dammit.  might need to call upon ye olde disco nap.
<sig>