Author Topic: So I'm going to get Tracks Mag....  (Read 1949 times)

Bags

So I'm going to get Tracks Mag....
« on: March 19, 2004, 04:02:00 pm »
Got this email, what the hell, right?  Wonder if it had anything to do with my demo....  :(

Dear Tower Shopper,

Thank you for being a great customer of Tower Records and Tower.com. We greatly value your patronage and would like to extend a token of our appreciation. As a "Thank you" for shopping with us, Tower has arranged for you to receive a one-year subscription to Tracks Magazine, on us!

Tracks Magazine caters to experienced music lovers like you. From Sting to Ryan Adams and John Mayer, from Norah Jones to R.E.M. and Bob Dylan, Tracks gives you a fresh perspective on the artists you love and helps you discover the best new music. Extensive reviews take the guesswork out of CD shopping and insightful articles on icons like Robert Plant and Lou Reed offer a different take on your favorite artists. Tracks is the trusted brand for passionate, discerning music fans.

This is a $29.94 value (based on 6 issues at the newsstand price of $4.99), at no cost to you and there are absolutely no obligations and no strings attached. Well, maybe one: Keep shopping with Tower! To receive Tracks at no cost, simply click here and complete the form with your name and the mailing address you'd like us to send your subscription to. For validation purposes, be sure to enter the email address this offer was sent to. But hurry, this offer is only valid through March 26, 2004.

We are giving you this offer because we think Tracks is a magazine you would thoroughly enjoy.

redsock

Re: So I'm going to get Tracks Mag....
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 05:16:00 pm »
"experienced music lovers"...Bags I think they're trying to say you're old. I'd consider that free sub an insult.

Bags

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 05:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:
  "experienced music lovers"...Bags I think they're trying to say you're old. I'd consider that free sub an insult.
Oh, it is an insult, it is.  I realize that.  Yet, I signed up for the free mag.  ;)

At least I know they didn't figure I'm old based on my purchases!  Oh, er, maybe they did as there are no teenage girls, boys or bands in the lot...

mankie

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 05:22:00 pm »
I get offered a free years subscription to "Bicycle" or "Backpacker" magazine about 4 times a week for being such a valued customer of some product or another. The bummer is I'm already a paying subscriber to bicycling mag!

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 05:22:00 pm »
Well she is 36 I think...

I'd consider that a wiser age, not an old age...probably just means she's just developed some taste...

mankie

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 05:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:

Originally posted by redsock:
Oh, it is an insult, it is.  I realize that.  Yet, I signed up for the free mag.   ;)  

At least I know they didn't figure I'm old based on my purchases!  Oh, er, maybe they did as there are no teenage girls, boys or bands in the lot... [/b]
I'd probably be offered a years free membership to AARP if they looked at my purchases.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2004, 08:04:00 pm »
I browsed the premiere issue of Tracks, a music magazine touted to be for "adults". A few pages in, there was an ad for Kid Rock. Nice.  :roll:
😐 🎶

Jaguär

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2004, 12:17:00 am »
I think it just means that she's purchased over a certain dollar's worth. One who helps keep them in business.

Some very good book club use to send me free subscriptions to Utné Magazine all the time until my library finally exploded and I had to stop buying so many books.