Author Topic: Bettie Serveert and The Positions  (Read 981 times)

Barcelona

Bettie Serveert and The Positions
« on: June 15, 2005, 03:36:00 pm »
Tomorrow at the Blackcat, anyone going? I guess it won't sell out, how good is this other band, the positions?

HoyaSaxa03

Re: Bettie Serveert and The Positions
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 03:46:00 pm »
theres some serious competition tomorrow night (bloc party, modest mouse, architecture in helsinki) ... i think i'm leaning towards the last choice on that list, but i still might make it to black cat ... you have any idea of a setlist for recent bettie serveert shows?  lot of newer stuff?
(o|o)

eltee

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 04:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:
   you have any idea of a setlist for recent bettie serveert shows?  lot of newer stuff?
I would assume since she's promoting the new album. She was at Iota few weeks ago and yeah, that's what I hear.

snailhook

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 04:37:00 pm »
bettie serveert always play a lot of old songs, and are always solid live. peter visser has one of the most underrated guitar tones in indie-rock (very neil young-esque).

expect three or four from palomine (the title track, "kid's alright," "tomboy," and "leg"), one or two from lamprey, maybe one from dust bunnies, a couple from private suit, and the rest from the last two albums. so basically, a good mix of their whole career, with an emphasis on the debut. they're also good for the occasional, tasteful surprise cover.

i've seen their last three shows in DC, so i'm working bloc party.