Author Topic: The Kaiser Chiefs  (Read 2080 times)

life_is_punk_rock

The Kaiser Chiefs
« on: June 17, 2005, 09:45:00 pm »
I'm totally in love with this band. Very unique sound, great guitar distortions. I will be seeing them on the 22nd of July at 9:30. Anyone else into them, or going to be at the show?

Arthwys

Re: The Kaiser Chiefs
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 10:27:00 pm »
I'm going to jump on this before it gets either slammed by disillusioned aging hipsters or is just plain ignored...

Hey, glad to hear you're into Kaiser Chiefs....i'm beginning to think I will go to the concert, they sound like they'd put on an energetic show.  I'm interested to see the Cribs as well, I've liked what  i've heard of them so far.
Emrys

Sir HC

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 01:29:00 am »
Their vocals remind me of Eno, I love their hooks, I am really thinking of going.  I don't know if I will be in the area at that time though.

walkman

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 05:48:00 pm »
saw 'em with the board's own Kurosawa at Northsix in Brooklyn a couple months back...put on a very decent show, good energy and whatnot. definitely worth a night out.

Relaxer

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 09:29:00 am »
The Cribs are good too. 'Hey Scenesters' is a fun summer tune. They're not going to change the world, but they'll be a great opening band. This show should be a good one.
oword

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 03:49:00 pm »
i love 'em.
 a lot of people are lumping them into all these other post punk new wave bands out there right now (i.e. bloc party)...
 but i think kaiser chiefs are one of the best  ;)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 09:12:00 am »
Originally posted by Arthwys:
  I'm going to jump on this before it gets either slammed by disillusioned aging hipsters or is just plain ignored...

<cue kosmo>

they flatout suck!!!! worst fun boy three record ever released.
T.Rex