Author Topic: Anyone been to Penn's Landing/Festival Pier for a conce  (Read 2013 times)

beedubyah

Anyone been to Penn's Landing/Festival Pier for a conce
« on: June 20, 2005, 03:40:00 pm »
Any idea what to expect?  The whole place is GA. Are there any seats anywhere?  Suggestions for viewing? Parking?  My SO is pretty damn short, so Id like to come up with a plan of action.

The website is incredibly bad and I cant find any info on what to expect.

dtqjr

Re: Anyone been to Penn's Landing/Festival Pier for a conce
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 05:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by beedubyah:
  Any idea what to expect?  The whole place is GA. Are there any seats anywhere?  Suggestions for viewing? Parking?  My SO is pretty damn short, so Id like to come up with a plan of action.

The website is incredibly bad and I cant find any info on what to expect.
Are you seeing Wilco there this week?  I want to make the trip because of MMJ but haven't yet decided.  Put your chick on your shoulders.  That always works.

beedubyah

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 05:39:00 pm »
Nope.  Oasis.  And Ive been waiting for awhile for this.

I cant justify seeing Wilco at anywhere else but the 930.  Was such an amazing concert in February that I know nothing else will match it.

eros

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 09:07:00 pm »
I'll be there too and was wondering the same thing.  Covered?  Not covered?  Seats?  No seats?
ʎɐʍou

serpent boy

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 09:48:00 pm »
I was there to see Primus last summer. It's all GA. No seats. It's basically a pier on the water. There was 3 or 4 booths in the back to buy food (cheesesteaks), merch or drinks and one tent where you can buy alcohol. It's not covered - all open air (except the tent).

I'm getting to the Oasis show early since it's sold out and I'm sure the crowd will be much bigger than the Primus show was. Parking is right next to the venue. I don't know how much it costs since I stayed at a hotel last time, but bring $5 to $8 to play it safe. There's also a restaurant or two on the water within a half-mile in case you get there early. We saw a Primus soundcheck that way.  :)

It rained at the Primus concert and everyone was getting splashed by people jumping to the music.

BLACKSTORM

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 10:33:00 pm »
its a much smaller venue than say merriwheater post.

serpent boy

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 10:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by BLACKSTORM:
  its a much smaller venue than say merriwheater post.
Definitely. The capacity for the main area is 5,000.

beedubyah

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 10:56:00 pm »
Thanks for the info guys.  I know it holds about 8k so its probably half of Merriweather.  Sold out in under an hour so it should definitely be packed.