Author Topic: The Living End  (Read 3295 times)

redsock

Re: The Living End
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2004, 10:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by rublind:
  Powderfinger rocks!
I actually like Powderfinger, too bad they get no love over here.

ggw

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2004, 12:15:00 am »
Originally posted by twangirl:
  What's wrong with Jet? When I listen to their CD in the car it makes me drive fast.
I don't have their CD, but I saw them with Kings of Leon.  They were a decent live act -- better than KoL, but not as good as 22-20s.  So I'd give them the middle spot -- between the train wreck that is the Vines, and the true talent that is the Living End.

Bags

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2004, 01:17:00 am »
Originally posted by Arthwys:
  Oh! I forgot to mention Powderfinger, Vulture Street is rockin' my world!     :D  
Here, here!  I would LOVE to see the Whitlams make it over here for some shows.  And Powderfinger, Jebediah and You Am I!  What a fest that would be...

imaginarycolors

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2004, 01:24:00 am »
i do remember last Saturday night going to work hearing the Living End's "Prisoner of Society", definitely pumped up the volume when i heard that, still a good anthem song in my mind although i wasn't too impressed with their new album with "Who's Gonna Save Us" on it.

Arthwys

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2004, 02:01:00 am »
Jebediah i'm not so sure about, falls into the category of "Guy whose voice i can stand for only 5 songs straight" Kinda the way I feel about Shannon Hoon.  And yeah, "Who's gonna save us" is a bit too, hmm, sugary for me. LOL, one mention of Living End seems to have brought the aussie rock fans out of hiding, so I think i'll drop another band name out there....Anyone on this board a fan of The Superjesus?
Emrys

Bags

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2004, 02:14:00 am »
Don't know The Superjesus.  My other Aussie faves are Bodyjar and Pollyana.  You may note that my roster is of a certain era -- I was in Sydney for a month in '99, so that's when I got a bunch of stuff and saw some good bands (saw the Whitlams in a place about the size of the Black Cat, but more 'theater' like -- good show; they're so adored over there).

rublind

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2004, 07:32:00 am »
Australia puts out some pretty good music.  Every few years there's an "Aussie Invasion" in the US, which is really funny and sad.

Didn't TLE get their latest drummer from Pollyana.  He is either from Pollyana or Jebediah, but I can't remember which.

grotty

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2004, 08:50:00 am »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Originally posted by twangirl:
  What's wrong with Jet? When I listen to their CD in the car it makes me drive fast.
I don't have their CD, but I saw them with Kings of Leon.  They were a decent live act -- better than KoL, but not as good as 22-20s.  So I'd give them the middle spot -- between the train wreck that is the Vines, and the true talent that is the Living End. [/b]
I caught that show too - was totally unimpressed with Jet then. Ended up with the CD anyway & well...I actually like it. It's much better than would be expected from their live show.

22-20's were the best that evening - have you heard their live EP? - I think it's called 05/03.
 It has its moments.

Arthwys

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2004, 04:31:00 pm »
22-20's sound great!  You can listen to most of their live album on their official webpage.  They came along at a perfect time for me, I have just in the last year gotten into bluesier stuff, Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, and rekindled my interest in the Black Crowes.  I'm also super psyched about the upcoming Aerosmith "blues" album.
Emrys

thirsty moore

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2004, 04:38:00 pm »
There's a band called The Hummingbirds that my girlfriend loves.  They're from Australia.  She's also mentioned some band called The Mark of Cain that's from her hometown, Adelaide.  Since this has turned into an Aussie Rock thread, have you all heard of either of them?

Bags

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2004, 07:05:00 pm »
Not me, thirsty...