Author Topic: LNS boys move to hipster girls?  (Read 2969 times)

miss pretentious

• ohai.
LNS boys move to hipster girls?
« on: May 16, 2008, 05:02:00 pm »
eep.
 julian - is this you?

a la wonkette.

choice cuts include:
 "I know this topic was brought up and discussed at length a month or so ago, but after getting out of Georgetown and hitting the Black Cat for a show last night, I have determined the ultimate talent level on hipster girls is just higher than the average LNS girl. Perhaps they do not dress as well or have the breeding or education, but so many of these girls were just straight up better looking than just about any female you would run into out in Georgetown or SP. Sorry ladies. Anyone have advice/experience on dating these characters? Should I just get ultra-slim jeans and talk about music and how much I hate my job? I want some......."

and

"Yes, I love the lithe, vegan bodies and then are just some absolutely stunning ones in the face. Also have a slight fetish for arm tats on them (gross i know, would NEVER marry one for the record)."

and

"'Advice'" is correct about where they hang out. As has been said many times before on the forum, if you want to attract a hipster you can't act as though you're too excited about your "life situation." With hipsters, alluding to a rough childhood and an absentee father are to trust fund references with the Smith Point crowd."
nothx

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: LNS boys move to hipster girls?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 05:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by miss pretentious:
 julian - is this you?

My only comment is that I have no comment.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 10:35:00 pm »
from the comments section:
I should be posting some feminist outrage, but frankly I am just appalled by the fact that anyone finds hipsters attractive.
uh... LOL?
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 11:36:00 pm »
is just me or is being a bunch of bickering indie music snobs better than a bunch of pretentious snotty vile prats.

and oh yeah ain't the results of years of inbreeding grand...
T.Rex

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 02:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo:
  is just me or is being a bunch of bickering indie music snobs better than a bunch of pretentious snotty vile prats.

It's just you, man. Don't hate, just let us be. Let us live our lives the way we choose.

dlcjr1775

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 05:16:00 pm »
I may be from the sticks, but what is an LNS girl?

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 12:21:00 pm »
dlcjr, you aren't necessarily from the sticks, you just don't spend enough time on the internit.

Douchebags come in many forms, and while the LNS crowd are a most obvious breed of douchebag, there is ample evidence of douchebaggery amidst those that mock them, as well.  The original Washington City Paper article and the angst-filled responses to it was hilarious, but at this point dwelling on these sad, vapid people seems a bit sad itself.
_\|/_

azaghal1981

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 12:31:00 pm »
I'm excited for the LNS show.

It'll be the first and last reality show I will ever watch religiously in that "like a trainwreck...you want to look away but can't" way.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 01:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  I'm excited for the LNS show.

It'll be the first and last reality show I will ever watch religiously in that "like a trainwreck...you want to look away but can't" way.
what's the word on the show, is it a go?  it was iffy for awhile... has the show been greenlit?
<sig>

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 01:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  what's the word on the show, is it a go?  it was iffy for awhile... has the show been greenlit?
I never heard a thing back on my application, and I feel my headshot was pretty good. No "thanks, but no thanks" or anything, no response or a form letter or anything.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 01:56:00 pm »
what is LNS?  Through Google, I see that it stands for Late Night Shots...but wtf is that?  http://dc.latenightshots.com/index.php  ??  sounds stupid.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 02:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, certified WEBLEBRITY:
 I never heard a thing back on my application, and I feel my headshot was pretty good. No "thanks, but no thanks" or anything, no response or a form letter or anything.
too bad... maybe they felt you are too close to hipsters, and the format of the show will follow "beauty and the geek".  working title is "indie & the douchenozzles".

i was actually inquiring if the show was still being produced, or if it has been canned... or are you implying that the show has been canceled, jules, because if you didn't get a callback then obviously no one else did?!?  :D
<sig>

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 02:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  ...or are you implying that the show has been canceled, jules, because if you didn't get a callback then obviously no one else did?!?   :D  
No, not at all. I was just saying, as the only one of us who who's an active LNS member and put in an application, that I had heard nothing further about the project.

That said, I feel they'd be hard-pressed not to at least give me a callback, unless they wanted the entire thing to skew 30+. I'm not saying I'm so fabulous I'd get cast, but come on, I'm kinda the exact a reality-show producer salivates over.

Got Haggis?

azaghal1981

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 08:01:00 pm »
I haven't heard anything either since that casting call was posted here. I was wishfully thinking that it was already in production.
احمد