Author Topic: what a race  (Read 1052 times)

bungle bud

what a race
« on: June 06, 2004, 09:23:00 pm »
so did anyone see one of the best races ever today, im talking about the motorcycle gp (motogp) from italy.
 dry race about 30 changes of the lead, then at 180mph nakanos rear tyre blew up sending him over the handlebars and thumbling down the straight, thankfully he was unhurt.
 rain stoped play, and a 6 lap sprint race followed.
 effing brilliant and the doctor won.

vansmack

Re: what a race
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 01:16:00 pm »
I saw that crash.  Unbelievable that he was alright.
27>34

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 01:20:00 pm »
19 cars in one wreck at Dover. Didn't think they had big crashes like that at Dover. Didn't two years ago when I was there. Wish i had cable and could have seen it.

mankie

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 01:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  19 cars in one wreck at Dover. Didn't think they had big crashes like that at Dover. Didn't two years ago when I was there. Wish i had cable and could have seen it.
Hmmmm,interesting...someone who criticizes fighting in hockey, likes to see wrecks in drivey-roundy-lefty...isn't that a contradiction?

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 01:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
Nothing like the guy getting thrown off the bike, but three wide going into turn three in the middle of the race will spoil a good Sunday drive at the Monster Mile everytime.

What was a pretty good race for a while, turned into a nightmare 5 hour marathon with some of the dumbest driving I've seen in a while.  After Tony drives past the pit entrance way too fast, Newman one lap later locks them up and spins out right in the middle of green flag stops.  20 minutes later NASCAR figures out where everybody is supposed to be on the track and then 3 wide into turn three knocks out half the field.  Another half hour delay, then Casey Mears repairs his car, takes a heap of shit back on the track and something breaks right in front of then leader Casey Kahne, spewing oil all over the track and spins him out.  Unlucky for Kahne, but good for Martin I guess.
27>34