Author Topic: free show at iota tonight  (Read 1901 times)

free show at iota tonight
« on: March 29, 2004, 12:15:00 pm »
...well the Express said it was free. You might want to double check that...and Monday night is half price wine night at Iota.

Harp Magazine Showcase: featuring Thea Gilmore, Anne McCue and and Garrison Starr

Thea Gilmore is British sort of like Beth Orton I think, Anne McCue is more bluesy I think, and Garrison Starr is bad alt-country, though J'mal swears by her.

sonickteam2

Re: free show at iota tonight
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 12:18:00 pm »
NICE!! Now I'll only have to pay the $9 gas it takes me to drive there, and lets see, leave Baltimore at 6:30pm, get home at 2am.  not bad!  sounds like a FREE evening, I love Arlington so much. El Tee, I'll call you for directions  ;)

Bags

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 12:22:00 pm »
Thanks for the heads up, looks like it'd be a nice night at Iota...

I'm at Black Cat for TV on the Radio or not leaving my house.  Didn't even get to Bettie Serveert yesterday; too much blossoming going on (and I'd read that it's supposed to rain much of this week).

Guiny

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 12:34:00 pm »
No wonder its free.

redsock

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 12:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  NICE!! Now I'll only have to pay the $9 gas it takes me to drive there, and lets see, leave Baltimore at 6:30pm, get home at 2am.  not bad!  sounds like a FREE evening, I love Arlington so much. El Tee, I'll call you for directions   ;)  
What, my directions aren't good enough?

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 12:45:00 pm »
Well some of us live in less dreary places than Baltimore. I guess you could just go over to Kennedy Fried Chicken and get a bucket and hang out with the brothers.

:D  
  NICE!! Now I'll only have to pay the $9 gas it takes me to drive there, and lets see, leave Baltimore at 6:30pm, get home at 2am.  not bad!  sounds like a FREE evening, I love Arlington so much. El Tee, I'll call you for directions   ;)  

sonickteam2

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2004, 12:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:
  What, my directions aren't good enough?
no man, they weren't lol.

its ok though, I just wish you wouldve told me there was a metro stop nearby, i wouldve just taken the train!

J'Mal

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2004, 02:40:00 pm »
actually it's ten bucks.

don't know yet if i'm going.  been to too many shows lately and lots more coming up.  but garrison starr is very cool.  it's gonna be a game time decision for me.

Bags

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2004, 02:42:00 pm »
Hmmm, $10 and free are way different...

eltee

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2004, 02:57:00 pm »
Don't forget drinks -- bring your own smokes!
 Sure, I'll give ya directions -- I'll be on the GW Pkwy making U-turns and arrive at the same time as you.  ;)

mankie

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2004, 03:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by poorballball:
 [QB] Well some of us live in less dreary places than Baltimore. I guess you could just go over to Kennedy Fried Chicken and get a bucket and hang out with the brothers.

:D    

I thought Baltimorons only ate crabs...hon.

sonickteam2

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2004, 03:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bollocks:

I thought Baltimorons only ate crabs...hon.
and i thought Brits just ate fish and chips!?

Actually, a funny story, I had to pick up an English DJ at BWI and on the way to DC, he said he wanted to stop at McDonalds since he was in America. So we did and he ordered Filet-O-Fish and a portion of fries.  I found it sort of funny.

Katemj

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2004, 05:34:00 pm »
Now you know how we feel when we drive to The Funk Box or The Recher.

Jaguär

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2004, 10:56:00 pm »
Shit! Which you do once in a Blue Moon.    :roll:    We're the ones who usually have to trek it to DC all of the time. Funny thing is, when I go to a show in Baltimore, something always seems wrong when I get home in only a half hour or so. Tomorrow (Tues) will only take me about 15 mins. That's like time traveling for me.