Author Topic: Iceland AirWaves  (Read 1218 times)

lbcardoni

Iceland AirWaves
« on: June 24, 2005, 07:28:00 pm »
Anyone going?  

Current bands:
 Annie Mix â?? Decks, Beatbox & Vox (NO)
 Rodrigo & Gabriella (MEX)
 The (International) Noise Conspiracy (SWE)
 The Fiery Furnaces (US)
 The Mitchell Brothers (UK)
 The Zutons (UK)
 and a lot of local Icelandic artists...including GusGus and DR. SPOCK!

We went last year and had a blast...contimplating between this and the Voodoo Music Experience...

http://www.icelandairwaves.com/

eltee

Re: Iceland AirWaves
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 02:21:00 pm »
Ah, that time of year again! Are they offering the contest again? I always forget who on this forum won...

Arthwys

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 04:34:00 pm »
I won a contest through the Stills to go, but only for two nights, and we only got to go to the last night of the festival, which was a 4 day thing.  It was an incredible experience though, and Reykjavik is a lovely city, so if I ever have the means, I plan on going back.  Most everyone in Iceland speaks English well, are very friendly to tourists, and there is spectacular scenery to be seen during the day if you get out into the interior.
Emrys

Got Haggis?

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 08:25:00 am »
its usually in october if i remember correctly...is there actaully daylight in october there? heh.  i was there in december once and i think there was maybe 2 hours of daylight.  crazy.  i've been thinking about going to that festival for the past few years but never manage to make it.  maybe this year will be different.

the one thing about iceland is that its really expensive...esp if you plan to drink.  a beer is about $10.

The_Creeper

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 09:59:00 am »
I go almost every year.

The local music scene there is fantastic.

SalParadise

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 10:11:00 am »
i went last year and had a great time. i highly recommend (trip to the blue lagoon alone almost makes it worth it).

in october they're still getting a normal amount of daylight (like 7am-6pm).