Author Topic: Comedians of Comedy rollcall?  (Read 2066 times)

alex

Comedians of Comedy rollcall?
« on: September 12, 2006, 03:09:00 pm »
Anyone else headed to the Black Cat tonight?

Dr. Anton Phibes

Re: Comedians of Comedy rollcall?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 04:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by Alex:
  Anyone else headed to the Black Cat tonight?
I just got back to town and am heading over for sure....a friend of mine is one of the headliners.....

falconetti

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 06:38:00 pm »
I'm definitely gonna be there.  I love Patton's stand-up - Mirman's and Posehn's not quite as much.
 Any idea of set times or order?

alex

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 11:46:00 am »
It went Oswalt, Murphy, Posehn, Merman, Oswalt.  Good times, I definitely enjoyed Posehn alot more than expected.

calecp01

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 01:27:00 pm »
  It went Oswalt, Murphy, Posehn, Merman, Oswalt.  Good times, I definitely enjoyed Posehn alot more than expected.
Great show, I would say I enjoyed Posehn as much as I expected.  Which was not much.  I don't dislike him, but he's just not in the same league as Oswalt, Merman, Galifinakis (sp?), etc.  Althoguh I love his character 'Gibbons' on Tom Goes To The Mayor which may be the best Adult Swim show of all time.

alex

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 02:01:00 pm »
I almost want to go to the NYC show, which has David Cross and Jon Benjamin along with everyone we saw last night.

calecp01

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 02:49:00 pm »
  I almost want to go to the NYC show, which has David Cross and Jon Benjamin along with everyone we saw last night.
Was that Jon Benjamin as the space alien in the video?

alex

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 03:02:00 pm »
I was in the back so I could hardly see it, but I think it was.

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 03:08:00 pm »
I have no idea who any of these people are. Does that mean I don't watch enough television?

alex

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 03:58:00 pm »
Yeah probably...Oswalt is all over Comedy Central and has a regular minor character on The King of Queens.  He's also on The Don and Mike radio show alot.

Posehn is on Comedy Central, and Cartoon Network alot, had a regular but minor role on Just Shoot Me, and has had several minor parts in movies.

Murhpy and Merman aren't that popular yet...I only know about Murphy from seeing her at Bonnaroo and Merman from seeing him open the Cake/Tegan and Sara/Gogol Bordello show last fall.

They all bill themselves as "alternative comedy" whatever that means...I guess they try to play venues like the Black Cat and festivals like Bonnaroo and avoid stuffy comedy clubs as much as possible.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 04:01:00 pm »
I saw Patton Oswalt opening up for Camper Van Beethoven. He was actually booed by people(!).
 He's great but I know some of my friends think he's unfunny.
(_|_)